- The report contains detailed information about Office Depot, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Office Depot, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Office Depot, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Office Depot, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Office Depot, Inc. business.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. is a supplier of office products and services primarily in the United States and worldwide.
The company operates three business segments: North American Retail Division, North American Business Solutions Division, and International Division.
North American Retail Division
North American Retail Division sells a variety of merchandise through its chain of office supply stores in the U.S. and Canada. The company offers general office supplies, computer supplies, business machines, and related supplies, and office furniture from national brands, as well as its own private brands. Most stores also contain a copy & print depot offering printing, reproduction, mailing, shipping, and other services. Also, the company maintains nationwide availability of a PC support and network installation service that provides its customers with in-home, in-office and in-store support for their technology needs. As of December 31, 2009, its North American Retail Division operated 1,152 office supply stores throughout the U.S. and Canada.
North American Business Solutions Division
North American Business Solutions Division sells nationally branded and private brand office supplies, technology products, furniture and services by means of a sales force, through catalogs and electronically through its Internet sites. The companys direct customers can order products from its catalogs, by phone or through its public Web sites (www.officedepot.com), including its public Web site offering technology products (www.techdepot.com).
The company operates wholly-owned entities, majority-owned entities, or participates in other ventures covering 40 countries and has alliances in an additional 11 countries. The International Division operates separate regional headquarters for Europe/Middle East (The Netherlands), Asia (Hong Kong), and Latin America (South Florida). The company, as of December 26, 2009, sold to customers in 51 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
The companys International Division sells office products and services through direct mail catalogs, contract sales forces, Internet sites and retail stores, using a mix of company-owned operations, joint ventures, licensing and franchise agreements, alliances, and other arrangements.
The company has catalog offerings in 15 countries outside of North America and operates approximately 40 separate Web sites in the International Division. As of December 31, 2009, the International Division operated, through wholly-owned or majority-owned entities, 137 retail stores in France, Hungary, Israel, South Korea, and Sweden. In addition, the company participates under licensing and merchandise arrangements in 100 stores in South Korea, Thailand, and the Middle East. Including company-owned operations, joint ventures, licensing and franchise agreements the company sells office products through 432 retail stores outside the U.S. and Canada.
The company offers general office supplies, computer supplies, business machines and related supplies, and office furniture under various labels, including Office Depot, Viking Office Products, Foray, Ativa, Break Escapes, Niceday and Worklife.
The company classifies its products into three categories: supplies, technology, and furniture and other. The supplies category includes products such as paper, binders, writing instruments, school supplies, and ink and toner. The technology category includes products, such as desktop and laptop computers, monitors, printers, cables, software, digital cameras, telephones, and wireless communications products. The furniture and other category include products, such as desks, chairs, luggage, sales in its copy and print centers, and other miscellaneous items.
Office Depot, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Office Depot, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Office Depot, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Office Depot, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Office Depot, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Office Depot, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OFFICE DEPOT, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Office Depot, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Office Depot, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Office Depot, Inc. Major Shareholders
Office Depot, Inc. History
Office Depot, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Office Depot, Inc. Offices and Representations
Office Depot, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Office Depot, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Office Depot, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Office Depot, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Office Depot, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Office Depot, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Office Depot, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Office Depot, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Office Depot, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Office Depot, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Office Depot, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Office Depot, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?