- The report contains detailed information about Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Orbitz Worldwide, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. business.
About Orbitz Worldwide, Inc.
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. operates as an online travel company. The company enables leisure and business travelers to research, plan, and book a range of travel products. It provides customers with the ability to book a set of travel products and services from suppliers worldwide, including air travel, hotels, vacation packages, car rentals, cruises, travel insurance, and destination services, such as ground transportation, event tickets, and tours.
The companys brand portfolio includes Orbitz, CheapTickets, The Away Network, and Orbitz for Business in the Americas; ebookers in Europe; and HotelClub and RatesToGo (HotelClub) based in Sydney, Australia, which have operations globally.
Orbitz (www.orbitz.com) is an online travel Web site in the U.S. Orbitz is a full-service online travel company that offers customers the ability to book an array of travel products and services from various suppliers on a stand-alone basis or as part of a dynamic vacation package. These travel products and services include airline tickets, hotel rooms, car rentals, cruises, travel insurance, and destination services. Dynamic vacation packages are vacation packages that include different combinations of travel products. Orbitz allows customers to search based on their preferences and then provides a display of travel choices for any given destination. Orbitz also has a customer care platform known as OrbitzTLC, which offers an array of proactive care services to travelers.
The company has launched Orbitz Price Assurance for airline tickets and for hotel stays. Through Orbitz Price Assurance, if the price drops for an airline ticket or hotel stay booked on Orbitz and another customer subsequently books the same airline ticket or hotel stay on Orbitz for a lower price. The company also introduced Total Price hotel search results that show base rate, taxes and fees, and total price per night upfront on the initial search results page.
The companys CheapTickets Web site (www.cheaptickets.com) is a U.S. travel Web site that focuses on value-conscious customers. CheapTickets offers customers the ability to book an array of travel products and services from various suppliers on a stand-alone basis or as part of a dynamic vacation package, including airline tickets, hotel rooms, car rentals, cruises, travel insurance, and destination services. CheapTickets also offers promotions, such as Cheap of the Week, in which special travel offers are updated on a weekly basis to provide customers with additional value.
The Away Network
The Away Network is a series of travel content Web sites that includes Away.com (www.away.com), Trip.com (www.trip.com), GORP.com (www.gorp.com), GORPTravel.com (www.gorptravel.com), and Lodging.com (www.lodging.com). The Away Network also hosts, maintains, and develops outsideonline.com, pursuant to an agreement with Mariah Media, Inc., the publishers of Outside magazine. The Away Network provides travel inspiration, trip ideas, travel planning tools, and destination content for travelers seeking information regarding specific travel interests, such as adventure, family or romance trips. Supported by advertising sales and sponsorships, The Away Network provides professionally-edited articles, features, micro-sites, and consumer-driven reviews. These Web sites also provide search capabilities for users who want to find travel choices online, as well as contact information for various tour operators.
Orbitz for Business
Orbitz for Business (www.orbitzforbusiness.com) is a full-service global travel management company that provides online booking and call center support to an array of organizations, ranging from small businesses to fortune 500 companies. Orbitz for Business uses its technology, customized for corporate travelers, and provides consolidated reporting, active travel policy management, and proactive customer care tools. In addition to its online booking capabilities, Orbitz for Business also offers integrated expense management tools and meeting management services.
ebookers (www.ebookers.com) offers customers the ability to book an arr
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORBITZ WORLDWIDE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Major Shareholders
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. History
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Offices and Representations
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Orbitz Worldwide, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?