- The report contains detailed information about Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack business.
About Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack
The Pep BoysManny, Moe & Jack offers automotive service, tires, parts, and accessories. The companys primary operating unit is its Supercenter format, which serves both do-it-for-me (DIFM, which includes service labor, installed merchandise and tires) and do-it-yourself (DIY, or retail) customers.
As of January 30, 2010, the company operated its stores in 35 states and Puerto Rico. It operates approximately 11,686,000 of gross square feet of retail space, including service bays.
Services and Products
The company operates a total of 6,027 service bays in 578 of its 587 locations. Each service location performs a range of automotive repair and maintenance services (except body work) and installs tires, hard parts and accessories.
Each Pep Boys Supercenter and Pep Express store carries a similar product line, with variations based on the number and type of cars in the markets where the store is located, while a Pep Boys Service & Tire Center carries tires and a limited selection of other products. A complement of inventory at a typical Supercenter includes an average of approximately 25,000 items, while Service & Tire Centers average approximately 4,000 items.
The company's product lines include tires (not stocked at Pep Express stores); batteries; new and remanufactured parts for domestic and import vehicles; chemicals and maintenance items; fashion, electronic, and performance accessories; and a limited amount of select non-automotive merchandise that appeals to automotive Do-It-Yourself customers, such as generators, power tools, personal transportation products, and canopies.
The company also sells an array of products under various private label names. It sells tires under the names DEFINITY, FUTURA and CORNELL, and batteries under the name PROSTART. The company also sells wheel covers under the name FUTURA; water pumps and cooling system parts under the name PROCOOL; air filters, anti-freeze, chemicals, cv axles, lubricants, oil, oil filters, oil treatments, transmission fluids, wheel rims and wiper blades under the name PROLINE; alternators, battery booster packs, alkaline type batteries and starters under the name PROSTART; power steering hoses, chassis parts and power steering pumps under the name PROSTEER; brakes under the name PROSTOP and brakes, starters, and ignitions under the name VALUEGRADE.
The company's commercial automotive parts delivery program is branded as PEP EXPRESS PARTS. As of January 30, 2010, approximately 80% or 451 of the company's 562 Supercenters and Pep Express stores provided commercial parts delivery. The companys automotive audio product lines include radios, speakers, amplifiers, remote starters and alarm systems from various brands.
The Pep BoysManny, Moe & Jack was founded in 1921.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Industry Position Analysis
6. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PEP BOYS - MANNY, MOE & JACK VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Major Shareholders
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack History
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Offices and Representations
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Capital Market Snapshot
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack 1-year Stock Charts
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack 5-year Stock Charts
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?