- The report contains detailed information about Massmart Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Massmart Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Massmart Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Massmart Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Massmart Holdings Ltd. business.
About Massmart Holdings Ltd.
Massmart Holdings Limited operates as a retail and wholesale distributor in South Africa and the rest of Africa. The company manages a portfolio of nine wholesale and retail chains, each focused on distribution of branded consumer goods. As of June 29, 2008, the company operated 220 stores in South Africa and 22 stores elsewhere in sub-Saharan Africa.
The company operates in four divisions: Massdiscounters, Masswarehouse, Massbuild, and Masscash.
The Massdiscounters Division is a general merchandise discounter. Massdiscounters comprises 90 retail discount stores offering a range of general merchandise and non-perishable groceries. Massdiscounters operates two retail formats: Game and Dion Wired. Game is a discount retailer of general merchandise and non-perishable groceries for home, leisure, and business use, operating throughout South Africa and in certain major cities of sub-Saharan Africa. It new division, Dion Wired, sells electronics and appliances to affluent consumers through six stores in South Africa. 84 Game stores trade in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Uganda, Mozambique, Nigeria, Mauritius, Malawi, Tanzania, and Ghana. Six Dion Wired stores trade in Gauteng, South Africa.
The Masswarehouse Division is a warehouse club discounter. Masswarehouse comprises 13 Makro warehouse club stores, trading in food, liquor, and general merchandise to retail and wholesale customers in South Africa.
The Massbuild Division is a home improvement retailer and building materials supplier. Massbuild consists of 68 outlets trading in DIY, home improvement and builders hardware in South Africa. Massbuild operates three complementary brands: Builders Warehouse, which operates home improvement stores in major urban areas; Builders Express, a chain of smaller neighbourhood home improvement stores; and Builders Trade Depot, building contractor outlets located in industrial sites in peri-urban and urban areas.
The Masscash Division is a food wholesaler and buying association. Masscash consists of 71 cash and carry stores trading in South Africa, Lesotho, Namibia, and Botswana; and Shield, a voluntary buying association. Masscash consists of four entities: CBW, Jumbo, CellShack, and Shield. CBW and Jumbo sell food, liquor, groceries, and cosmetics in bulk to individual consumers, independent general dealers, government feeding schemes, franchise members, small traders, and hawkers in peri-urban and rural areas within southern Africa. Shield is a voluntary association that buys Masscash products in bulk on behalf of approximately 500 members who own wholesale or retail food businesses in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, and Swaziland. CellShack sells cellular products through its own wholesale and retail channels.
Massmart Holdings Limited was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Massmart Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Massmart Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Massmart Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Massmart Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Massmart Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MASSMART HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Massmart Holdings Ltd. History
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Massmart Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Massmart Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Massmart Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Massmart Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Massmart Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Massmart Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?