- The report contains detailed information about Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. business.
About Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc.
Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. engages in the design, retail, and direct marketing of mens tailored and casual clothing and accessories. The company sells its products under the Jos. A. Bank label through its 473 retail stores, as of January 31, 2010, which included 7 outlet stores and 13 franchise stores located throughout 42 states and the District of Columbia in the United States, as well as through the companys nationwide catalog and Internet (www.josbank.com) operations.
The companys products are targeted at the male career professional and emphasize the Jos. A. Bank brand of modified and casual clothing and accessories. Its products are offered at Three Levels of Luxury, which range from the original Jos. A. Bank Executive collection to the more luxurious Jos. A. Bank Signature collection to the Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold collection.
The companys segments include Stores and Direct Marketing.
The stores segment consists of all Company-owned stores excluding outlet stores (Full-line Stores). Its Stores segment consists of its 453 Full-line Stores. Its specialty centers include outdoor lifestyle centers, malls and downtown/street front/business districts.
Other: The companys Other segment consists of 13 franchise locations and 7 outlet stores. It has 7 outlet stores which are used to liquidate excess merchandise and offer certain products.
The Direct Marketing segment consists of the companys Internet and catalog operations. Direct Marketing segment offers potential and existing customers convenience in ordering the companys merchandise. The Internet site and the catalog offer customers a way to order the range of Jos. A. Bank products.
The company offers a collection of clothing and accessories necessary to dress the career man from head to toe, including formal, business and business casual, as well as sportswear and golf apparel, all sold under the Jos. A. Bank label. Its product offering includes tuxedos, suits, shirts, vests, ties, sport coats, pants, sportswear, overcoats, sweaters, belts and braces, socks and underwear, among other items. The company also sells branded shoes from various vendors.
The Three Levels of Luxury range from the companys original Jos. A. Bank Executive collection, to the luxurious Jos. A. Bank Signature collection to the exclusive Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold collection.
The company also has a line of wrinkle resistant all cotton dress shirts and sportshirts that are made using a patented process. It offers its Vacation-in-Paradise (VIP) line of casual vacation wear and its David Leadbetter golf apparel, which includes sportshirts, sweaters and casual trousers, in its sportswear category.
The company competes with Brooks Brothers, Macys, Lands End, Mens Wearhouse, and Nordstrom.
Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. was founded in 1905.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JOS. A BANK CLOTHIERS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Major Shareholders
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. History
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Offices and Representations
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Jos. A Bank Clothiers Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?