- The report contains detailed information about Columbia Banking System Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Columbia Banking System Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Columbia Banking System Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Columbia Banking System Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Columbia Banking System Inc. business.
About Columbia Banking System Inc.
Columbia Banking System, Inc. operates as the holding company for Columbia State Bank, which also does business under the Bank of Astoria name, provides a range of commercial banking services to small and medium-sized businesses, professionals, and individuals in the states of Washington and Oregon.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had 52 branch locations in the Seattle/Tacoma metropolitan area and contiguous parts of the Puget Sound region of Washington State, as well as the Longview, Woodland and Vancouver communities in southwestern Washington State, the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area, and the northern Oregon coast.
Products and Services
Personal Banking: The company offers its personal banking customers an assortment of account products, including noninterest and interest-bearing checking, savings, money market, and certificate of deposit accounts. Overdraft protection is also available with direct links to the customers checking account. The companys online banking service, Columbia Online, provides its personal banking customers with the ability to conduct their banking business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Personal banking customers are also provided with various borrowing products, including fixed and variable rate home equity loans and lines of credit, home mortgages for purchases and refinances, personal loans, and other consumer loans. Eligible personal banking customers with checking accounts are provided a Visa Debit Card which can be used both to make purchases and as an A card. Various Visa Credit Cards are also available to eligible personal banking customers.
Columbia Private Banking offers affluent clientele and their businesses complex financial solutions, such as deposit and cash management services, credit services, and wealth management strategies. Through CB Financial Services, customers are provided with a range of investment options, including mutual funds, stocks, bonds, retirement accounts, annuities, tax-favored investments, US Government securities, as well as long-term care and life insurance policies. Qualified investment professionals are available to provide advisory services and assist customers with retirement, education, and other financial planning activities.
Business Banking: The company offers its business banking customers an assortment of checking, savings, interest bearing money market, and certificate of deposit accounts to satisfy all their banking needs. Its cash management professionals are available to customize banking solutions with products, such as automatic investment and line of credit sweeps; dailyDEPOSIT, its remote deposit product to deposit checks without leaving their place of business; positive pay, to identify fraudulent account activity quickly; and two choices of online banking, Columbia OnLine Banking for Business and Streamlined Business Online Banking. Columbia OnLine Banking for Business provides customers with the ability to tailor user access by individual, view balances and transactions, see check images, transfer funds, place stop payments, pay bills electronically, export transaction history in multiple file formats, create wire transfers and originate ACH transactions, such as direct deposit of employees payroll. Streamlined Business Online Banking is its free online solution intended for smaller businesses, or those just starting out. Streamlined Business Online Banking provides customers with the ability to view balances and transactions, see statements and check images, transfer funds, pay bills electronically, and export transaction history in multiple file formats.
The company offers various loan products tailored to meet the various needs of business banking customers. Commercial loan products include accounts receivable and inventory financing, as well as Small Business Administration financing. The company also offers commercial real estate loan products for construction and development or permanent financing. Real estate lending activities have been focused on construction and permanent loans for both owner occupants and investor oriented real estate properties. In addition, the company has pursued construction
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Columbia Banking System Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Columbia Banking System Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Columbia Banking System Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Columbia Banking System Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Columbia Banking System Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Columbia Banking System Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Columbia Banking System Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Columbia Banking System Inc. Major Shareholders
Columbia Banking System Inc. History
Columbia Banking System Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Columbia Banking System Inc. Offices and Representations
Columbia Banking System Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Columbia Banking System Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Columbia Banking System Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Columbia Banking System Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Columbia Banking System Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Columbia Banking System Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Columbia Banking System Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Columbia Banking System Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Columbia Banking System Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Columbia Banking System Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Columbia Banking System Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Columbia Banking System Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?