- The report contains detailed information about Acorn International, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Acorn International, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Acorn International, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Acorn International, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Acorn International, Inc. business.
About Acorn International, Inc.
Acorn International, Inc. operates as an integrated multi-platform marketing company in China. The companys two primary sales platforms are its TV direct sales platform and its nationwide distribution network. Its TV air time presence allows it to test-market, promote, and sell products and services in Chinas geographically dispersed and fragmented consumer market.
The companys vertically integrated direct sales operations include product development, TV and other direct sales and marketing, call center operations, and order fulfillment and delivery, combined with its nationwide distribution network. Its nationwide distribution network extends across all provinces and allows it to reach approximately 20,000 retail outlets covering various cities and counties in China.
Products and Services
The company offers approximately 1,400 products and services through its multiple sales platforms, including its TV direct sales platform, nationwide distribution network or both with the remaining products and services sold through its third-party bank channel sales, outbound calls, catalogs, and Internet sales. The companys product categories include cell phones, electronic learning products, health and wellness products, cosmetics products, consumer electronics products, electronic dictionary products, and auto care products, of which are primarily sold through its TV direct sales platform, nationwide distribution network, or both. It also sells other products, including auto care, beauty and household products primarily through its catalogs, the Internet, outbound calls, and cross-selling. The company owns the distribution rights in China to its featured product lines and services.
The company generally focuses on marketing and selling four to six featured product lines.
Electronic Learning Products: The company offers electronic learning products featuring the Ozing brand name. Its primary Ozing branded product is a multi-functional handheld electronic device with a screen display that provides lessons for independent English learning. It markets and sells its Ozing product to middle and high school students.
Cell Phone Products: The company offers cell phone products featuring the Gionee, K-touch, Lenovo, Nokia and Konka brand names and China Unicoms CDMA services and CDMA cell phones from China Unicoms partners. It has entered into a joint sales arrangement with Gionee to promote and market its cell phone products via its direct sales platform. It also sells cell phone products manufactured by Yiyang Yukang under its proprietary Uking brand.
Cosmetics Products: The company offers cosmetics products featuring the Aoya, Cobor, Dr Cell, and Softto brand names. In November 2009, it has entered into a distribution agreement with Guthy-Renker to market Sheer Cover branded cosmetics in China.
Health and Wellness Products: The company offers health and wellness products featuring the Babaka, Zehom, and Youngleda brand names. Its health and wellness product lines are primarily targeted at elderly persons, working professionals, and young consumers.
Electronic Dictionary Products: The company offers electronic dictionary products featuring the Meijin brand name.
Auto Care Products: The company offers auto care products featuring Energy, Austin, and Quixx brand names. The auto care products are sold through both its direct sales platform and its distribution network.
In June 2009, the company disposed of a 33% equity interest in Shanghai Yimeng Software Technology Co., Ltd., a company engaged in the development and marketing of CPS stock tracking software,
The company faces competition from the following companies operating in its value chain: other TV direct sales companies operating in China, including Moneng TV, Pacific Media, and China SevenStar; TV home shopping companies that operate across China, such as CCTV Home Shopping and Hunan TV Happigo, and companies that operate on multiple channels in multiple provinces, such as Oriental CJ Home Shopping, U-you Home Shopping, and TVSN; various domestic and international sellers of consumer branded products that sell their products in China, including BBK and Noah; traditional retailers and distributors, as well as direct marketers, such as Avon; other Internet and e-commerce companies in China that offer consumer products online via an Internet platform, including eBays China site, Alibabas Tao Bao, and Dang Dang; and companies that sell consumer products on multi media platforms, including Happy Tao Bao, which is the joint venture between Alibabas Tao Bao and Hunan Satellite TV Station. Being a cell phone manufacturer targeting mid- to high-end business users in China, its subsidiary Yiyang Yukang, competes with domestic cell phone manufacturers in China, such as Lenovo and TCL.
Acorn International, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Acorn International, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Acorn International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Acorn International, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Acorn International, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Retail Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Acorn International, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACORN INTERNATIONAL, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Acorn International, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Acorn International, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Acorn International, Inc. Major Shareholders
Acorn International, Inc. History
Acorn International, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Acorn International, Inc. Offices and Representations
Acorn International, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Acorn International, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Acorn International, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Acorn International, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Retail Industry Statistics
Acorn International, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Acorn International, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Acorn International, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Acorn International, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Acorn International, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Acorn International, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Acorn International, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Acorn International, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?