Acorn Energy, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Acorn Energy, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Acorn Energy, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Acorn Energy, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Acorn Energy, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Acorn Energy, Inc. business.
About Acorn Energy, Inc.
Acorn Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an energy infrastructure company. The company focuses on acquiring emerging ventures of the energy sector.
The company, through its majority-owned operating subsidiaries, provides the following services: SCR catalyst and management services; Naval and RT Solutions; and Energy Infrastructure Software (EIS) Services.
SCR Catalyst and Management Services: The company provides selective catalytic reduction (SCR), catalyst and management services removal for coal-fired power plants. These services include SCR catalyst management, cleaning and regeneration, as well as consulting services. In addition, the company plans to offer technology (MetalliFix) for the removal of heavy metals, such as mercury, from coal-fired power plants under CoaLogixs MetalliFix LLC subsidiary.
Naval and RT Solutions: The company provides sonar and acoustic related solutions for energy, defense and commercial markets with a focus on underwater site security for strategic energy installations and other real-time and embedded hardware and software development and production through its DSIT Solutions, Ltd. (DSIT) subsidiary.
Energy Infrastructure Software (EIS) Services: The company provides energy infrastructure software services through its subsidiary, Coreworx Inc. (Coreworx). It provides integrated project collaboration and advanced document management solutions for the architecture, engineering and construction markets, particularly for capital projects in the energy industry.
The company, through its SCR-Tech LLC (SCR-Tech) subsidiary, offers various services for coal-fired power plants that use SCR systems to reduce Nitrous Oxide (NOx) emissions. NOx emissions are contributors to ground-level ozone (smog), particulate matter and acid rain. These services include SCR catalyst management, cleaning and regeneration, as well as consulting services. CoaLogix provides products and services to address the emissions control market for coal-fired power plants.
Catalyst Cleaning, Rejuvenation and Regeneration
The company offers proprietary and patented processes based on technologies that can improve the NOx removal efficiency and restore the useful life of installed SCR catalyst. Its processes are capable of physically cleaning and rejuvenating the most severely plugged, blinded or poisoned catalyst, and also chemically reactivating deactivated catalyst. The company offers various alternatives for restoring its NOx removal efficiency and extending its life.
SCR and Catalyst Management
The company provides a range of customized SCR and catalyst management services, including guidance on effective SCR and catalyst management strategies, with the objective of assisting plant operators in optimizing the operation and performance of their SCR systems. All SCR and catalyst management services are offered as either a package or a la carte, allowing the flexibility to select and combine various services on an as-needed basis tailored to the individual SCR system.
Customers and Markets: The companys SCR Catalyst and Management Services business primarily serves the U.S. coal-fired power generation market. Its customer base ranges from investor-owned utilities and independent power producers to smaller municipal power generators. Its customers include The Detroit Edison Company and Allegheny Energy Service Corporation.
Competition: The company identifies competition from Evonik Energy Services LLC (Evonik LLC) and Enerfab Inc.
Naval & RT Solutions Dsit Solutions ltd.
The company offers a range of sonar and acoustic-related solutions to strategic energy installations, as well as defense and homeland security markets. It provides solutions to both governmental and commercial customers.
Products and Services
DSITs Naval and RT Solutions activities are focused on two areas sonar and acoustic solutions for naval and security markets and other real-time and embedded hardware and software development and production.
Naval Solutions: The companys naval solutions include a range of sonar and acoustic-related solutions to the strategic ene
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACORN ENERGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACORN ENERGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACORN ENERGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACORN ENERGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACORN ENERGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Acorn Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Acorn Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Acorn Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Acorn Energy, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Acorn Energy, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACORN ENERGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACORN ENERGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACORN ENERGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACORN ENERGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACORN ENERGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACORN ENERGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Acorn Energy, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Acorn Energy, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Acorn Energy, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Acorn Energy, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Acorn Energy, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Acorn Energy, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Acorn Energy, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Acorn Energy, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Acorn Energy, Inc. Major Shareholders
Acorn Energy, Inc. History
Acorn Energy, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Acorn Energy, Inc. Offices and Representations
Acorn Energy, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Acorn Energy, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Acorn Energy, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Acorn Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Acorn Energy, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Acorn Energy, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?