- The report contains detailed information about Star Scientific, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Star Scientific, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Star Scientific, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Star Scientific, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Star Scientific, Inc. business.
About Star Scientific, Inc.
Star Scientific, Inc., a technology-oriented tobacco company, engages in the development, implementation, and licensing of proprietary technology for the curing of tobacco so as to prevent the formation of carcinogenic toxins present in tobacco and tobacco smoke, primarily the tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs).
The company manufactures, sells, markets, and develops TSNA dissolvable smokeless tobacco products, including ARIVA compressed powdered tobacco cigalett pieces and STONEWALL Hard Snuff and modified risk tobacco products. In addition, the company develops pharmaceutical products, particularly products that have a botanical, tobacco-based component, to treat tobacco dependence and a range of neurological conditions, including Alzheimers disease, Parkinsons disease, schizophrenia and depression. The company develops non-nicotine nutraceutical products designed to assist individuals who have ceased using tobacco or who are in the process of stopping tobacco use maintain a balanced metabolism, as well as related non-nicotine products that may be helpful to consumers in maintaining a healthy metabolism.
Smokeless Tobacco Products
The company develops very low-TSNA, non-fermented smokeless tobacco products designed to provide adult tobacco users with a viable alternative to cigarettes and traditional smokeless tobacco products in situations and environments where they cannot or choose not to use such products. ARIVA is a compressed powdered tobacco product designed to dissolve totally in the mouth without leaving any residue or requiring expectoration. ARIVA and STONEWALL Hard Snuff are made from non-fermented 100% low-TSNA StarCured tobacco plus natural and artificial flavorings, as well as other ingredients. The company offers Natural and Java in addition to the original Wintergreen blend. It also offers a Java blend of ARIVA. It offers Cinnamon, Mint, and Citrus blends of ARIVA and a new packaging format (10-piece sleeves) for ARIVA.
ARIVA and STONEWALL Hard Snuff have been marketed nationwide through tobacco distributors and wholesalers who have direct arrangements with several national retail chains and through other national distributors experienced with consumer products.
Modified Risk Tobacco Products
The company develops ARIVA BDL, a variant of its ARIVA smokeless tobacco product that has lower levels of carcinogenic TSNAs, as well as other toxins. In February 2010, the company submitted an application to the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the approval of ARIVA BDL as a modified risk tobacco.
Tobacco Products: The companys competitors include Philip Morris USA, Inc., RJR, Lorillard, Inc., Conwood Company, LLC, Swedish Match AB, and UST, Inc.
Star Scientific, Inc. was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Star Scientific, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Star Scientific, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Star Scientific, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Star Scientific, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Tobacco Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Star Scientific, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. STAR SCIENTIFIC, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Star Scientific, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Star Scientific, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Star Scientific, Inc. Major Shareholders
Star Scientific, Inc. History
Star Scientific, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Star Scientific, Inc. Offices and Representations
Star Scientific, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Star Scientific, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Star Scientific, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Star Scientific, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Tobacco Industry Statistics
Star Scientific, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Star Scientific, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Star Scientific, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Star Scientific, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Star Scientific, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Star Scientific, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Star Scientific, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Star Scientific, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?