- The report contains detailed information about Wilmar International Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wilmar International Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wilmar International Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wilmar International Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wilmar International Limited business.
About Wilmar International Limited
Wilmar International Limited, an investment holding company, operates as an agribusiness company in Asia. The companys business activities include oil palm cultivation, edible oils refining, oilseeds crushing, consumer pack edible oils processing and merchandising, specialty fats, oleochemicals and biodiesel manufacturing, and grains processing and merchandising.
The companys operations are located in approximately 20 countries across four continents, with a primary focus on Indonesia, Malaysia, China, India and Europe. Its products are sold to approximately 50 countries worldwide.
Merchandising & Processing - Palm & Laurics
The company is a processor and merchandiser of palm and lauric oils, with a distribution network spanning approximately 50 countries. Its products include RBD (refined, bleached, and deodorised) palm oil, RBD palm olein, RBD palm stearin, RBD palm kernel oil, RBD palm kernel olein, RBD palm kernel stearin, crude palm oil (CPO), specialty fats, oleochemicals, and biodiesel. The company owns processing plants in palm producing countries like Indonesia and Malaysia, as well as in consuming countries, such as China, The Netherlands, Germany and Vietnam. Through joint ventures, the company also owns processing plants in consuming countries like India, Russia, Ukraine, Uganda, and Ivory Coast.
Merchandising & Processing - Oilseeds & Grains
The company is an oilseeds crusher in China, where it processes oilseeds like soybean, rapeseed, groundnut, cottonseed, sunflower seed, and sesame seed into protein meal and edible oils. The company also engages in the milling of wheat into wheat flour and wheat bran, as well as the milling of paddy into rice, rice bran, and rice bran oil.
The company, together with its joint ventures, produces consumer pack edible oils and markets them under own brands in China, India, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Bangladesh.
Plantations & Palm Oil Mills
The company is an oil palm plantation owner with plantations in both Indonesia Sumatra and Kalimantan, and Malaysia Sabah and Sarawak. It also processes Fresh Fruit Bunches (FFB) from third-party suppliers, including small landholders under the Plasma Programme developed by the company.
The CPO and palm kernel produced by palm oil mills are supplied primarily to the companys refineries and palm kernel crushing plants. The company also owns a 30% stake in a plantation in Uganda and operates in the West Africa through a joint venture with Olam International Limited and SIFCA Group of Africa.
The companys planted area was approximately 4,000 hectares in Uganda and approximately 36,000 hectares in West Africa as of December 31, 2008. It also managed approximately 120,000 hectares under a smallholders scheme in West Africa.
The company is also engaged in the manufacture and distribution of fertilizers, and the shipping of bulk oil. Customers are primarily its FFB, CPO, and palm kernel suppliers, as well as its own plantations.
The company produces NPK compound fertilizers, which comprises three primary nutrients nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. It is also engaged in the trading of straight fertilizers, such as potash, rock phosphate, urea, ammonium sulphate, and kieserite.
The company owns a fleet of liquid bulk vessels. In 2008, it acquired a 60% stake in Raffles Shipping Corporation Pte Ltd (RSC).
Wilmar International Limited was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wilmar International Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wilmar International Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wilmar International Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wilmar International Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wilmar International Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SINGAPORE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wilmar International Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wilmar International Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wilmar International Limited Major Shareholders
Wilmar International Limited History
Wilmar International Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Wilmar International Limited Offices and Representations
Wilmar International Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wilmar International Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wilmar International Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Wilmar International Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Wilmar International Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wilmar International Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Wilmar International Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wilmar International Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Wilmar International Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Wilmar International Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wilmar International Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wilmar International Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?