- The report contains detailed information about SunOpta Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SunOpta Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SunOpta Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SunOpta Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SunOpta Inc. business.
About SunOpta Inc.
SunOpta, Inc. provides natural, organic and specialty foods and natural health products. The company focuses on sourcing, processing, and packaging of natural and organic food products, integrated from seed through packaged products. Its core natural and organic food operations focus on value-added grains, fiber, and fruit based product offerings, supported by a global infrastructure.
The company has two non-core holdings, a 66.4% ownership position in Opta Minerals Inc. (Opta Minerals), a producer, distributor, and recycler of environmentally friendly industrial materials; and an 18% ownership position in Mascoma Corporation, a biofuels company.
The companys business groups include SunOpta Foods, Opta Minerals, and SunOpta BioProcess Inc. (SunOpta BioProcess).
SunOpta Foods operates in the natural, organic and specialty foods and natural health product sectors, markets. SunOpta Foods is comprised of five separate operating groups, including Grains and Foods Group, Ingredients Group, Fruit Group, International Sourcing and Trading Group, and Distribution Group.
In 2009, the company announced that the Ingredients Group expanded its portfolio of fiber products to include MultiFiber blends, SunOpta Soy Fiber blends, and SunOpta Pea Fiber. These ingredients are expected to provide value for food and beverage manufacturers who are looking for ratios of soluble and insoluble fibers similar to what occurs naturally in foods. Pea fiber is made from the hulls of field-dried peas and is a by-product of pea splitting.
In 2009, the Grains and Foods Group, through the companys wholly owned subsidiary, SunOpta Africa, entered into a strategic alliance with Specialized Protein Products (SPP) of South Africa, to manufacture and sell liquid and powdered soy ingredients and soymilk beverages in Africa and other international markets.
Grains a Foods Group
The Grains and Foods Group focuses on marketing of organic, identity preserved (IP), and non-GMO grains, ingredients, packaged goods and processing services with a core focus on soybean, sunflower and corn products. The Grains and Foods Group ensures that it provides its customers with organic, non-GMO and IP specialty grains and seeds, by serving as a growers supplier of seed, purchaser of the growers specialty crops and distributor of IP and organic specialty products.
The company offers IP, non-GMO and organic whole grains including soy, corn and sunflower for food applications offering premium varieties with superior food quality. The vertically integrated model results in control at every stage of production, from seed selection and growing to storage, processing and transportation.
The company offers organic, non-GMO and IP grains based ingredients, including raw material sourcing and processing of soy based ingredients in liquid, spray-dried and roasted formats; and grain-based ingredients which utilize non-GMO and organic soy, corn, sunflower and rice; specialty organic functional ingredients including maltodextrins, tack blends, fiber products, flavor enhancing products including snack coatings, cheese powders and flavor systems, a line of organic dairy ingredients and organic soy and sunflower oils.
The company provides various packaged food products for retail and foodservice use, including private label packaged products for various retailers and consumer food companies, including aseptic and refrigerated soymilk, rice, almond and other alternate beverages; aseptic broths and soups; frozen edamame and vegetable blends; and roasted grain based snacks. It offers branded food products under the Sunrich Naturals brand, including alternative beverages, frozen vegetables, and roasted grains based snacks. The company provides a range of bulk grain-based animal feed and pet food products. The premium feed products originate from select organic and non-GMO soy, corn, sunflower and other grains.
The Grains and Foods Group also engages in processing and contract manufacturing services and offers a range of services, including basic grain cleaning, ingredient processing, custom roasting, and retail-ready packaging. The Grain
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SUNOPTA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SUNOPTA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SUNOPTA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SUNOPTA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SUNOPTA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SunOpta Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SunOpta Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SunOpta Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SunOpta Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SunOpta Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SUNOPTA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SUNOPTA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SUNOPTA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SUNOPTA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SUNOPTA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SUNOPTA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SunOpta Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SunOpta Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SunOpta Inc. Major Shareholders
SunOpta Inc. History
SunOpta Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SunOpta Inc. Offices and Representations
SunOpta Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SunOpta Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SunOpta Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SunOpta Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
SunOpta Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SunOpta Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SunOpta Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SunOpta Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SunOpta Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SunOpta Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SunOpta Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SunOpta Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?