- The report contains detailed information about Smart Balance, Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smart Balance, Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smart Balance, Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smart Balance, Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smart Balance, Inc business.
About Smart Balance, Inc
Smart Balance, Inc. distributes various food products in the United States and internationally.
Smart Balance Products
The Smart Balance line of products is available in various categories, formats and sizes in the supermarket, mass merchandise and convenience channels of distribution.
Buttery Spreads and Butter Blend Sticks: The companys buttery spreads are made from a patented blend of natural oils to help balance fats in the consumers diet and to help improve the good-to-bad cholesterol ratio when used as part of the Smart Balance Food Plan and contain no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils and only trace amounts of trans fatty acids.
Smart Balance Butter Blend Stick is a 50/50 blend of creamery fresh butter and Smart Balance buttery spread in a convenient stick. The company also sells versions of butter blend sticks with a special mix of Omega-3s from flax and fish oil. All versions are non-hydrogenated and contain zero grams of trans fat per serving.
The company also markets a Smart Balance Buttery Burst Spray. The spray has zero calories, zero carbs and zero fats per serving and can be used as a pan spray or as a topping.
Peanut Butter: The companys peanut butter products contain ALA (short-chain) Omega-3 from flax oil. They have no hydrogenated oil and zero grams of trans fat per serving.
Cooking Oil and Cooking Sprays: The companys cooking oil and cooking sprays are designed for use in cooking, baking and salads to aid in avoiding trans fatty acids and hydrogenated oils. They are used for healthier food preparation.
Light Mayonnaise: The companys Smart Balance Omega Plus Light Mayonnaise has half the fat of regular mayonnaise, is non-hydrogenated, contains zero grams of trans fat per serving and contains natural plant sterols and ALA Omega-3.
Microwave Popcorn: Smart Balance popcorn features the companys patented oil blend and all varieties contain no hydrogenated oil or trans fatty acids. Smart Balance Popcorn varieties include Smart n Healthy, Light Butter, and Smart Movie-Style.
Milk: The company offers a range of milk products, with different varieties containing EPA/DHA (long chain) Omega-3s, Vitamin E, Vitamin C and/or plant sterols, as well as added levels of calcium and protein. Its milk varieties include fat-free milk, 1% lowfat milk and lactose-free milk.
Sour Cream: The company offers regular and reduced fat varieties of sour cream under the Smart Balance brand.
Smart Balance Food Plan: The company created the Smart Balance Food Plan, incorporating many of its products to help consumers achieve a healthy balance of natural fats in their daily diet.
Earth Balance Products
The Earth Balance line of products offers various buttery spreads and sticks and nut butters formulated for consumers interested in natural and organic products. Earth Balance products are also marketed with the trademarks Soy Garden® and Natucal.
In 2009, the company signed a global agreement with the Best Life Corporation to develop a Bestlife brand, consisting of food and beverage products that offer great taste, nutrition and convenience. It intends to offer the Bestlife line of spread products, which feature partially hydrogenated oil-free products targeted to the value segment consumer.
The companys major customer is Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
The company competes with Unilever, ConAgra Foods, and Land O Lakes.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMART BALANCE, INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMART BALANCE, INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMART BALANCE, INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMART BALANCE, INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMART BALANCE, INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smart Balance, Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smart Balance, Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smart Balance, Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smart Balance, Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smart Balance, Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. SMART BALANCE, INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMART BALANCE, INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMART BALANCE, INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMART BALANCE, INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMART BALANCE, INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMART BALANCE, INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smart Balance, Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smart Balance, Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smart Balance, Inc Major Shareholders
Smart Balance, Inc History
Smart Balance, Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smart Balance, Inc Offices and Representations
Smart Balance, Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smart Balance, Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smart Balance, Inc Capital Market Snapshot
Smart Balance, Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Smart Balance, Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smart Balance, Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smart Balance, Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smart Balance, Inc 1-year Stock Charts
Smart Balance, Inc 5-year Stock Charts
Smart Balance, Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smart Balance, Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smart Balance, Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?