- The report contains detailed information about Smart Online Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smart Online Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smart Online Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smart Online Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smart Online Inc. business.
About Smart Online Inc.
Smart Online, Inc. engages in the development and marketing of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products and services. It also provides Website consulting services, primarily in the e-commerce retail industry.
Principal Products and Services
The companys principal products and services include: SaaS applications for business management, Web marketing, and e-commerce; software business tools that assist customers in developing written content; and services that are designed to complement its product offerings and allow it to create custom business solutions that fit its end users and channel partners needs.
The companys business management SaaS applications are designed to allow users to access and work on information from anywhere with an Internet browser. These applications include:
e-Commerce: The companys e-commerce applications are designed to give customers the capability to conduct transactions online. These applications also include inventory query, shopping cart, financial transactions, shipping, domain name registration and business to business communication for small businesses. The company provides Web site design and launch and other consulting services in connection with these applications.
SFA/CRM: The companys SFA/CRM application is designed to allow end users to create standardized processes to define their sales approach, create marketing plans, and monitor and guide sales activities. Companies can utilize the customer service management feature to create, monitor, and track service requests. Companies can also display and present their business data with built-in report templates designed to provide information on sales activity, pipeline activity, revenue, and other relevant business data.
Business Dashboard: The companys Business Dashboard application provides a snapshot of real-time business information in a single view, allowing users to monitor key business information about their company and employees. The business information that end users may view on the dashboard include a list of key documents for the user, daily events scheduled, express packages shipped by a user, or a list of new employees. The dashboard displays different information to each user based upon their job function and access levels within the company.
Accounting: The companys Accounting application is targeted for end users that want to create and maintain their accounting records online, but do not have the resources to utilize traditional accounting applications designed for larger businesses. The Accounting application enables an end user to create invoices, record payments, print checks, produce real-time financial statements and reports, as well as manage accounts receivable and payable.
Human Resource Center: The companys Human Resource (HR) Center application is designed to allow companies to manage their daily human resources needs, including employee information, HR documents, performance reviews and compensation. The HR Center application also allows employers to manage the attendance records of each employee by creating and assigning vacation, sick leave, civil leave, and leave under other policies to each individual employee. The application allows an end user manager to monitor and approve or decline as needed time-off requests and automatically track how much time each employee has available on a per policy basis.
Calendar: The companys Calendar application is an online calendar. The Calendar application features daily, weekly, and monthly views, together with a mini-calendar that allows the end user to quickly browse to any date. Automated email reminders can be initiated, indicating notification of an upcoming event. In addition, employees may collaborate with their colleagues by sharing their calendar and events. This application also includes a to-do list to set up tasks, assign priorities and due dates, and mark tasks as complete as they are finished.
Contacts: The companys Contacts application is designed to provide companies with an online business contact management system. Contacts can be sorted by group or alphabetically. End users can add, edit, and remove contact groups as needed, or they can use the default set of groups. Furthermore, contacts may be shared between colleagues.
In addition to its SaaS application, the company offers various business tools through the private label sites of its marketing partners. Its business tools include Business Plan Writer, Business Letters, Business and Legal Forms, Marketing Plan Writer, Job Description Writer, Employee Policy Manual Writer, Government Forms, and Business Guides.
The company also provides services that are designed to complement its product offerings and allow it to create custom business solutions that fit its channel partners needs. The services offered to its partners include business consulting, graphics design, website content syndication, specialized compensation calculation, inventory management, domain name registration, personalized email creation, express package tracking, business plan writing, e-commerce tax services, e-mail marketing, Web analytics, warehouse order fulfillment, and business and personal calculators.
The companys major customers include Britt Worldwide (BWW), UR Association, and Vera Bradley Designs, Inc.
The companys principal direct competition comes from vendors of SaaS applications for small businesses that sell various products similar to the company and include Microsoft, Oracle, NetSuite, Intuit, SAP, Sage, Yahoo!, and Google.
Companies that offer one or two products that compete with the companys suite of SaaS applications include: for accounting software applications: Netsuite, Intuit, SAP, Sage, and Microsoft; for human resource software applications: ADP and Sage; for SFA/CRM applications: Microsoft, Sage, Salesforce.com, and Netsuite; and for e-Commerce solutions: Register.com, GoDaddy.com, 1and1 Internet, eBays Storefront, Yahoo!
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMART ONLINE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMART ONLINE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMART ONLINE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMART ONLINE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMART ONLINE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smart Online Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smart Online Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smart Online Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smart Online Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Software and Technology Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smart Online Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SMART ONLINE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMART ONLINE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMART ONLINE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMART ONLINE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMART ONLINE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMART ONLINE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smart Online Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smart Online Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smart Online Inc. Major Shareholders
Smart Online Inc. History
Smart Online Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smart Online Inc. Offices and Representations
Smart Online Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smart Online Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smart Online Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Smart Online Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Software and Technology Services Industry Statistics
Smart Online Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smart Online Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smart Online Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smart Online Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Smart Online Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Smart Online Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smart Online Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smart Online Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?