- The report contains detailed information about Northern Foods plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Northern Foods plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Northern Foods plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Northern Foods plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Northern Foods plc business.
About Northern Foods plc
Northern Foods plc (the company) was started in 1937. The Company is an UK food producer. The Company operates in eight core product areas, which benefit from long term demographic and lifestyle trends favouring high quality foods that are convenient to eat.
Northern Foods owns 17 principal operating companies with more than 40 sites across the country. They are Riverside & Evesham Foods, Pork Farms Bowyers, Premium Savoury Products Palethorpes, Walter Hollands, The Recipe Dish Company, Cavaghan & Gray, Fletchers Kara Grain D'or, Gunstones Bakery, Cakes and Puddings, Eden Vale, Fox's Biscuits, Elkes Biscuits, Green Isle, Dalepak Foods, Smiths Flour Mills, NFT Distribution, Batchelors and Solway Foods.
Core product areas
The Company offers high quality chilled recipe dishes developing and manufacturing products, which include a wide range of Italian pasta meals and snacks, Indian, Chinese and other international dishes, together with traditional British specialities.
Chilled savoury products
Manufacturing savoury products under the Pork Farms, Bowyers and Hollands brands and major retailers labels. Products include hot and cold-eating pies, pasties, sausage rolls, quiches, flans and Scotch eggs.
A manufacturer of fresh and frozen speciality bread products for the retail and foodservice sector. Principal product lines include rolls, baps, muffins, burger buns, scones, doughnuts, tea cakes, fruited bread, croissants, baguettes, panettone and other speciality loaves.
Manufacturing fresh chilled sandwiches, filled rolls and pizzas under the labels of major retailers.
Cakes and puddings
The UKs major supplier of own label cakes to the major retailers and the countrys major manufacturer of both branded and retailer label Christmas puddings.
Fresh chilled dairy products
Manufacturing fresh chilled dairy products including dairy desserts, yogurt, fromage frais and cottage cheese for major retailers labels.
Foxs is the UKs major manufacturer of premium quality biscuits. The complementary Elkes business produces everyday and everyday treat biscuits, mainly under retailers labels.
Producing deep pan, thin and crispy and speciality frozen pizzas under the Goodfellas brand and retailers labels. Dalepak manufactures grillsteaks, burgers and a growing range of meat-free products.
The companies in its Convenience sector develops and manufactures an extensive range of high quality fresh foods for sale under the labels of major retailers and its own niche brands.
Major product areas in its Convenience sector include cakes, desserts, Christmas puddings, savoury pastry products such as pies, pasties and sausage rolls, quiches, pizzas, recipe dishes, sandwiches, speciality bakery lines and fresh chilled dairy products.
The company makes savoury products under its Pork Farms, Bowyers and Hollands brands.
Northern Foods Grocery division consists of its businesses manufacturing frozen and ambient products. Operations in its Grocery division include Foxs Biscuits - the UKs premium quality biscuit brand - and the complementary Elkes Biscuits business primarily supplying retailer labels. Dalepak produces frozen foods including grillsteaks, burgers and pastry products.
Green Isle, based in Ireland, manufactures frozen pizzas, savoury pastry products and fish lines under the Goodfellas and Donegal Catch brands and retailers own labels. Batchelors is Ireland's manufacturer of baked beans, canned vegetables and fruit juice under the Sqeez brand.
The Companys major customers include Marks & Spencer, Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys and Safeway.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NORTHERN FOODS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NORTHERN FOODS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NORTHERN FOODS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NORTHERN FOODS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NORTHERN FOODS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Northern Foods plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Northern Foods plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Northern Foods plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Northern Foods plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Northern Foods plc Industry Position Analysis
6. NORTHERN FOODS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NORTHERN FOODS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NORTHERN FOODS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NORTHERN FOODS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NORTHERN FOODS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NORTHERN FOODS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Northern Foods plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Northern Foods plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Northern Foods plc Major Shareholders
Northern Foods plc History
Northern Foods plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Northern Foods plc Offices and Representations
Northern Foods plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Northern Foods plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Northern Foods plc Capital Market Snapshot
Northern Foods plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Northern Foods plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Northern Foods plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Northern Foods plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Northern Foods plc 1-year Stock Charts
Northern Foods plc 5-year Stock Charts
Northern Foods plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Northern Foods plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Northern Foods plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?