- The report contains detailed information about Jones Soda Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Jones Soda Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Jones Soda Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Jones Soda Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Jones Soda Co. business.
About Jones Soda Co.
Jones Soda Co. engages in the development, production, marketing, and distribution of premium beverages. The company sells and distributes its products throughout the United States and Canada through its network of independent distributors known as direct store delivery channel (DSD) channel and national retail accounts known as direct to retail channel (DTR), as well as through licensing and distribution arrangements.
Jones Pure Cane Soda
The company offers launched Jones Soda, a premium carbonated soft drink, under its trademarked brand creating a new category in the New Age beverage market. It sells Jones Soda in eleven flavors in the United States. The company also offers a sugar-free version of its Jones Soda line providing an alternative for consumers. It has three flavors of Jones Zilch, including the traditional favorite, Black Cherry, and two new flavors: Pomegranate, and Vanilla Bean.
During 2009, the company launched three extensions of its Jones Pure Cane Soda including Jones Zilch, Jones Refresco De Cana Pura, launched in its West coast markets, and Jones Jumbletm, its seasonal soda launched in targeted markets. It has four flavors of the Jones Refresco line and treats Jones Jumble as a rotating flavor for the seasonal soda.
The company offers Jones 24C, a water beverage sweetened with pure cane sugar. It has 100% natural flavors, contains daily vitamin requirements (including 500% RDA of Vitamin C) and is available in five flavors primarily in the Northeast region of the country.
The company introduced its first line of beverages containing Pharma GABA in 2009. The product, branded Jones GABA and offered in 12-ounce slim cans, is available in various flavors, including Lemon Honey Tea, Fuji Apple, Nectarine and Grapefruit tea and juice blends. Pharma GABA is a naturally produced form of the amino acid, gamma amino butyric acid (GABA).
WhoopAss Energy Drink
The company offers WhoopAss, which is a citrus energy drink in a 16-ounce slim can containing riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and thiamin.
Discontinued Product Jones Naturals and Jones Organics
As of December 31, 2009, the company discontinued Jones Naturals and Jones Organics brands.
The companys direct competitors in the alternative beverage industry include Dr. Pepper Snapple (Stewarts and IBC), Boylans, Henry Weinhards, Thomas Kemper, and other regional premium soft drink companies. It also competes against Coca Cola, Pepsi, Hansens, and other traditional soft drink manufacturers and distributors, as well as against other category leaders, such as Red Bull and Monster for the energy drink category.
Jones Soda Co. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JONES SODA CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JONES SODA CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JONES SODA CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JONES SODA CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JONES SODA CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Jones Soda Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Jones Soda Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Jones Soda Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Jones Soda Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Jones Soda Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. JONES SODA CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JONES SODA CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JONES SODA CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JONES SODA CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JONES SODA CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JONES SODA CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Jones Soda Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Jones Soda Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Jones Soda Co. Major Shareholders
Jones Soda Co. History
Jones Soda Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Jones Soda Co. Offices and Representations
Jones Soda Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Jones Soda Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Jones Soda Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Jones Soda Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Jones Soda Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Jones Soda Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Jones Soda Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Jones Soda Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Jones Soda Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Jones Soda Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Jones Soda Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Jones Soda Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?