- The report contains detailed information about Sherwood Brands Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sherwood Brands Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sherwood Brands Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sherwood Brands Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sherwood Brands Inc. business.
About Sherwood Brands Inc.
Sherwood Brands, Inc. engages in marketing, manufacture, and distribution of brand name candies, cookies, chocolates and gifts. The Company also manufactures lollipops and biscuits and assembles seasonal gift items including gift baskets for Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter. The Company's principal branded products include Cows butter toffee candies, DEMITASSE biscuits, RUGER wafers, Smile Pops lollipops, STRIP-O-POPS lollipops, Elana chocolates, Sour Fruit Burst fruit filled hard candies and Pirate's Gold Coins milk chocolates.
Demitasse Biscuits offered in a variety of flavors including the traditional tea biscuit, 'Petit Beurre' (with real butter), cinnamon honey, coconut, chocolate and several sugar free varieties, all certified kosher by the Orthodox Union.
Candy Canes in a variety of packages, sizes, colors and flavors, ranging from traditional peppermint canes to gourmet lines and flavors, including amaretto, merlot, Irish creme, Dutch chocolate, maraschino cherry and blueberry cheesecake.
Cows and Cowpokes Lollipops butter toffee candies and lollipops, including soft and chewy toffees and a dairy butter and cream hard candy.
Sour Fruit Burst Hard Candies fruit-filled hard candies that is available in a variety of flavors.
Ruger Wafers wafer cookies, including sugar free varieties, available in 4 flavors: chocolate, vanilla, lemon and coffee.
Elana Belgian Chocolates chocolate bars sold in a variety of flavors, including mint, caramel, mocha, truffle, crispers, and almonds.
Countdown to Christmas Chocolate Calendars chocolate calendars made with 24 milk-chocolate candies behind numbered doors.
Pirate's Gold Coins Foil-Wrapped Chocolate Coins coin shaped milk chocolates wrapped in embossed gold foil.
Strip O Pops Lollipops hard candy lollipops in a variety of flavors merchandised in hanging strips.
Smile Pops Lollipops candy iced lollipops decorated with smiling faces.
Tongue Tattoo Lollipops hard candy lollipops embossed with candy icing images, which transfers when pressed on the tongue creating a tongue tattoo.
Cowscaramels caramel candy with flavored fillings including vanilla, cappuccino and butter and cream, certified kosher by the Orthodox Union and offered in both a soft and chewy toffee and as a dairy butter and cream hard candy.
Bubble Gum in various varieties:
Blood Balls is a line of Bubble Gum products with super sour taste and a red mouth coloring center.
Screechers mouth coloring powder center bubble gum.
Alien Pods Super sour bubble gum with coloring center, bite sized pods.
Big Curl- curled gum that comes in variety of flavors, fruit, strawberry and apple.
Spaghetti gum- gum, that looks like spaghetti.
The Company's gift sets and gift baskets are typically designed for a particular holiday such as Christmas, Valentine's Day or Easter. The gift sets and gift baskets may contain gourmet food products, candy, novelty items or seasonal merchandise. A significant portion of the contents of the gift sets and gift baskets are assembled from components imported from China.
Christmas assembled items include Elana Holiday Gifts, Chocolate Santa Bears, Chocolate Holiday Ornaments, Candy Filled Votive Candle Holders, Old Fashioned Milk Can and Milk bottles, Candy Filled Cars, Starry Night, Botanical Mug and Canister Set, Pasta Houses, Share the Spirit Mug Set, Spice of Life and Just for Him Mugs.
Valentines assembled items include Valentine Card and Pops, Valentine Coin Purses and Valentine Treasure Chests.
Easter assembled items include Easter Baskets with various themes including Playtime assortment, Fun and Games assortment, Toy Time assortment and Fuzzy Friends plush assortment.
The Company's mass merchandise customers include Family Dollar, Target, Dollar General, K-Mart and Wal-Mart.
The Company's competitors include: Hershey Food Corporation, Masterfoods USA (M&M Mars), Inc., Nestle, S.A., Kraft Foods, Houston Harvest Co., Smith Enterprises, Inc. and Wonder Treats. The Company's major competitors for candy canes are Bob's Candies, Inc., Spangler Candy Company, and Allan Candy Company.
Sherwood Brands, Inc. was incorporated in 1982 in the state of North Carolina.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sherwood Brands Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sherwood Brands Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sherwood Brands Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sherwood Brands Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Food & Beverages Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sherwood Brands Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SHERWOOD BRANDS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sherwood Brands Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sherwood Brands Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sherwood Brands Inc. Major Shareholders
Sherwood Brands Inc. History
Sherwood Brands Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sherwood Brands Inc. Offices and Representations
Sherwood Brands Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sherwood Brands Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sherwood Brands Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sherwood Brands Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Food & Beverages Industry Statistics
Sherwood Brands Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sherwood Brands Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sherwood Brands Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sherwood Brands Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sherwood Brands Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sherwood Brands Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sherwood Brands Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sherwood Brands Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?