QEP Co. Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about QEP Co. Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for QEP Co. Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The QEP Co. Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes QEP Co. Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of QEP Co. Inc. business.
About QEP Co. Inc.
Q.E.P. Co., Inc. engages in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of a line of specialty tools and flooring related products for the home improvement market in the United States of America and worldwide.
The company, under brand names, including Q.E.P., ROBERTS, Capitol, Vitrex, PRCI and Elastiment, markets approximately 3,000 specialty tools and flooring related products used primarily for surface preparation and installation of ceramic tile, carpet, vinyl and wood flooring. Its products include flooring adhesives and underlayments, wet saws, trowels, floats, grouts, mortars, tile cutters, spacers, nippers, pliers, carpet trimmers and cutters, seaming tape, tack strips, knives, dry set powders and grouts.
The company operates in five business segments: Domestic, Canada, Europe, Australia/New Zealand and Other. Each segment markets and sells flooring-related products to the residential, new construction, do-it-yourself and professional remodeling and renovation markets and home centers. The European segment is made up of its operations in the U.K., France, and Ireland. The Other segment is made up of operations in Latin America and Asia.
The companys principal subsidiaries include Roberts Consolidated Industries, Inc., a company serve in the carpet installation market; Roberts Capitol, Inc., a manufacturer of adhesives in Dalton, Georgia; QEPCalifornia, Inc., a manufacturer of adhesives in Adelanto, California; Boiardi Products Corp. of Little Falls, N.J., a manufacturer of a line of thin-set mortars, grouts, self-leveling concrete toppings and crack-suppressing waterproof membranes used in the flooring industry; Roberts Company Canada Limited, a manufacturer of adhesives and grouts, and a distributor of flooring accessories in Canada; Q.E.P. Aust. Pty, Ltd., a distributor of tools and installation products for various types of flooring in the Australian marketplace; Q.E.P. Co. N.Z. Limited, a distributor of accessory flooring supplies in New Zealand; Q.E.P. Co. U.K., Ltd. and Q.E.P. Roberts Ireland, Ltd., distributors of accessory flooring and safety products in the United Kingdom and Ireland; PRCI S.A., a distributor of ceramic tile tools to the retail and distribution marketplace in France; Q.E.P. Roberts Mexicana S. de R.L. de C.V., a distributor of flooring installation products in Mexico; Q.E.P. Chile Limitada, a distributor of ceramic tile accessories located in Santiago, Chile; Zocalis, S.R.L., an Argentinean manufacturer of ceramic borders and trim; Q.E.P. Peru S.A.C., a Peruvian distributor of ceramic borders and trim; Q.E.P. Co. HK Limited., a Hong Kong registered company with a representative office in Shanghai, China, that provides purchasing services to the company and its subsidiaries; and Harmony Depot Trading Shanghai Company Limited, a licensed trading company in China.
The company's products are sold to home improvement retailers, including national and regional chains, such as Home Depot and Lowes, international chain stores such as Bunnings, Wickes, Topps Tiles, Leroy Merlin and Sodimac, specialty distributors to the hardware, construction, flooring and home improvement trades and chain or independent hardware, tile, and carpet retailers for use by the do-it-yourself consumers, as well as the construction or remodeling professional.
Q.E.P. Co., Inc. was founded in 1979.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QEP CO. INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QEP CO. INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QEP CO. INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QEP CO. INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QEP CO. INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. QEP Co. Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of QEP Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of QEP Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. QEP Co. Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. QEP Co. Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QEP CO. INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QEP CO. INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QEP CO. INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QEP CO. INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QEP CO. INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QEP CO. INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
QEP Co. Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
QEP Co. Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
QEP Co. Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
QEP Co. Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
QEP Co. Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
QEP Co. Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
QEP Co. Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
QEP Co. Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
QEP Co. Inc. Major Shareholders
QEP Co. Inc. History
QEP Co. Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
QEP Co. Inc. Offices and Representations
QEP Co. Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
QEP Co. Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
QEP Co. Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
QEP Co. Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
QEP Co. Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
QEP Co. Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?