- The report contains detailed information about CSS Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CSS Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CSS Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CSS Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CSS Industries Inc. business.
About CSS Industries Inc.
CSS Industries, Inc (CSS) engages in the design, manufacture, procurement, distribution, and sale of seasonal and occasional social expression products, principally to mass market retailers.
The companys seasonal and occasion products include gift wrap; gift bags; gift boxes; gift card holders; boxed greeting cards; gift tags; decorative tissue paper; decorations; classroom exchange Valentines; decorative ribbons and bows; floral accessories; Halloween masks; costumes; make-up and novelties; Easter egg dyes and novelties; craft and educational products; stickers; memory books; stationery; journals; notecards; infant and wedding photo albums; scrapbooks; and other gift items that commemorate lifes celebrations.
The companys principal operating subsidiaries include Paper Magic Group, Inc. (Paper Magic), BOC Design Group (consisting of Berwick Offray LLC (Berwick Offray) and Cleo Inc (Cleo)) and C.R. Gibson, LLC (C.R. Gibson).
The company designs, manufactures, procures, distributes, and sells a range of seasonal consumer products primarily through the mass market distribution channel. Christmas products include gift wrap, gift bags, gift boxes, gift card holders, boxed greeting cards, gift tags, decorative tissue paper, decorations and decorative ribbons and bows. CSS Valentine product offerings include classroom exchange Valentine cards and other related Valentine products, while its Easter product offerings include Dudleys brand of Easter egg dyes and related Easter seasonal products. For Halloween, CSS offers a line of Halloween merchandise including make-up, costumes, masks and novelties. In addition to seasonal products, CSS also designs and markets occasion boxed greeting cards, gift wrap, gift bags, gift boxes, gift card holders, decorative and waxed tissue, decorative ribbons and bows, decorative films and foils, stickers, memory books, stationery, journals, notecards, infant and wedding photo albums, scrapbooks, floral accessories and other gift and craft items to its mass market, craft, specialty and floral retail and wholesale distribution customers, and teachers aids and other learning oriented products to the education market through mass market retailers, school supply distributors, and teachers stores.
Main brands include Paper Magic, Berwick, Offray, Cleo, C.R. Gibson, Lion Ribbon Company, Markings, Creative Papers, Tapestry, Seastone, Dudleys, Don Post Studios, Eureka, Learning Playground, Stickerfitti, and iota.
CSS operates 13 manufacturing and/or distribution facilities located in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, and Texas.
Sales and Marketing
CSS maintains permanent showrooms in New York City, Memphis, Dallas, Atlanta, Las Vegas, and Hong Kong.
The company sells custom products to private label customers, to other social expression companies, and to converters of the companys ribbon products.
In 2009, a subsidiary of the company completed the acquisition of Seastone L.C. (Seastone) which is a provider of specialty gift card holders.
In 2009, a subsidiary of the company completed the acquisition of Designer Dispatch Ribbon, Inc. (Designer Dispatch Ribbon).
The companys competitors include American Greetings Corporation; Image Arts, Inc., a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Incorporated (Hallmark).
CSS Industries, Inc. was founded in 1923.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CSS Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CSS Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CSS Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CSS Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CSS Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CSS INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CSS Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CSS Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CSS Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
CSS Industries Inc. History
CSS Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CSS Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
CSS Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CSS Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CSS Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CSS Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
CSS Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CSS Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CSS Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CSS Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CSS Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CSS Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CSS Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CSS Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?