- The report contains detailed information about Newell Rubbermaid Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Newell Rubbermaid Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Newell Rubbermaid Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Newell Rubbermaid Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Newell Rubbermaid Inc. business.
About Newell Rubbermaid Inc.
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, sourcing, packaging, and distribution of consumer and commercial products.
The company operates in three segments: Home & Family; Office Products; and Tools, Hardware, & Commercial Products.
Home & Family
The Home & Family segment comprises the following global business units (GBUs): Rubbermaid Consumer Products; Baby & Parenting Essentials; Decor; Culinary Lifestyles; and Beauty & Style. Rubbermaid Consumer Products designs, manufactures, packages, and distributes indoor/outdoor organization products, and food and home storage products. Baby & Parenting Essentials designs, manufactures or sources, packages, and distributes infant and juvenile products, such as swings, highchairs, car seats, strollers and playards. Decor designs, manufactures or sources, packages, and distributes window treatments, drapery hardware and cabinet hardware. Culinary Lifestyles primarily designs, manufactures or sources, packages, and distributes aluminum and stainless steel cookware, bakeware, cutlery, small kitchen electrics, and kitchen gadgets and utensils. Beauty & Style designs, sources, packages, and distributes hair care accessories and grooming products.
Rubbermaid Consumer Products primarily sells its products under the trademarks Rubbermaid, Roughneck, and TakeAlongs. Baby & Parenting Essentials primarily sells its products under the trademarks Graco, Teutonia, and Aprica. Decor primarily sells its products under the trademarks Levolor, Kirsch, and Amerock. Culinary Lifestyles primarily sells its products under the trademarks Calphalon, Kitchen Essentials, Cooking with Calphalon, Calphalon One, and Katana. Beauty & Style markets its products primarily under the trademarks Goody, Ace, and Solano. Home & Family GBUs primarily market their products directly to mass merchants and specialty, grocery/drug and department stores.
The Office Products segment comprises the following GBUs: Markers, Highlighters, Art & Office Organization; Everyday Writing & Coloring; Technology; and Fine Writing & Luxury Accessories. These businesses primarily design, manufacture or source, package, and distribute writing instruments and office solutions, primarily for use in the business and home.
Markers, Highlighters, Art & Office Organization products include permanent/waterbase markers, dry erase markers, highlighters, and art supplies and are primarily sold under the trademarks Sharpie, Expo, Sharpie Accent, Vis-à-Vis, Eberhard Faber, Berol, and Prismacolor. Everyday Writing products include ballpoint pens and inks, roller ball pens, mechanical pencils, and correction fluids and are primarily sold under the trademarks Paper Mate, Uni-Ball (used under license from Mitsubishi Pencil Co. Ltd. and its subsidiaries in North America), Sharpie, Eberhard Faber, Berol, Reynolds, and Liquid Paper. Technology products include labeling products, online postage, card scanning solutions, and interactive teaching solutions, and are primarily sold under the trademarks Dymo, Endicia, CardScan, and Mimio. Fine Writing & Luxury Accessories products include fine writing instruments and luxury accessories and are primarily sold under the trademarks Parker, Waterman, and Rotring. The Office Products GBUs primarily market their products directly to mass merchants, warehouse clubs, grocery/drug stores, office superstores, office supply stores, contract stationers, and other retailers.
Tools, Hardware, & Commercial Products
The Tools, Hardware & Commercial Products segment comprises the following GBUs: Commercial Products; Construction Tools & Accessories; Industrial Products & Services; and Hardware. These businesses design, manufacture or source, package, and distribute cleaning and refuse products, hygiene systems, hand tools and power tool accessories, industrial bandsaw blades, soldering tools and accessories, propane torches, manual paint applicator products, and window and door hardware.
Commercial Products primarily sells its cleaning and refuse products and hygiene systems under the trademarks Rubbermaid, Brute, and Technical Concepts. Construction Tools & Accessories products include hand tools and power tool accessories primarily sold under the trademarks Irwin, Vise-Grip, Marathon, Quick-Grip, Unibit, and Strait-Line. Industrial Products & Services products include cutting and drilling accessories and industrial bandsaw blades, as well as soldering tools and accessories primarily sold under the Lenox trademark. Hardware products include paint applicator products, propane torches and window and door hardware primarily sold under the trademarks Shur-Line, BernzOmatic, and Bulldog.
The Tools, Hardware, & Commercial Products GBUs primarily market their products directly and through distributors to mass merchants, home centers, department/specialty stores, hardware and commercial products distributors, industrial/construction outlets, custom shops, select contract customers, and other professional customers.
The companys principal customers are mass merchandisers, such as discount stores, home centers, warehouse clubs and office superstores, and commercial distributors. In 2009, its major customers included Bed Bath & Beyond; Lowes; Office Depot; OfficeMax; Staples; Target; The Home Depot; Toys R Us; W.W. Grainger; and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (which includes Sams Club).
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. was founded in 1903.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Newell Rubbermaid Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Newell Rubbermaid Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Appliances and Furniture Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Major Shareholders
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. History
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Offices and Representations
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Appliances and Furniture Industry Statistics
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Newell Rubbermaid Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?