- The report contains detailed information about Forestar Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Forestar Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Forestar Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Forestar Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Forestar Group Inc. business.
About Forestar Group Inc.
Forestar Group Inc. engages in the real estate and natural resources businesses in the United States.
The company manages operations through three business segments: Real estate, Mineral resources, and Fiber resources.
Real Estate segment
The company, in its Real Estate segment, conducts an array of project planning and management activities related to the acquisition, entitlement, development and sale of real estate, primarily residential and mixed-use communities. The company owns and manages its projects either directly or through ventures.
The company has real estate in nine states and 12 markets encompassing approximately 251,000 acres, including 188,000 acres located in an area around Atlanta, Georgia, with the balance located primarily in Texas. The companys development projects are principally located in the major markets of Texas.
The company has approximately 31,000 acres in the entitlement process, which includes obtaining zoning and access to water, sewer and roads. It has approximately 16,000 acres entitled, developed and under development, comprised of land planned for approximately 30,000 residential lots and 2,300 commercial acres.
Products: The company develops lots for single-family homes and commercial tracts that are ready for construction of buildings for retail, multifamily, office, industrial or other commercial uses. The company sells residential lots primarily to national and regional homebuilders and, to a lesser extent, local homebuilders. The company has 75 entitled, developed or under development projects in seven states and 11 markets, principally in the major markets of Texas, encompassing approximately 16,000 remaining acres, comprised of land planned for approximately 30,000 residential lots and approximately 2,300 commercial acres. The company has approximately 2,300 acres of entitled land designated for commercial use.
One of its significant mixed-use projects is Cibolo Canyons in the San Antonio market area. Cibolo Canyons is a 2,100 acre mixed-use development planned to include approximately 1,700 residential lots. At Cibolo Canyons is the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, a 1,002 room destination resort and two PGA Tour Tournament Players Club (TPC) golf courses designed by Pete Dye and Greg Norman.
Mineral Resources segment
The company leases its oil and gas mineral interests to third parties for the exploration and production of oil and gas, principally in Texas and Louisiana.
Products: The company owns oil and gas mineral interests on approximately 620,000 net acres in Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, California and Colorado. The company engages in leasing certain portions of these oil and gas mineral interests to third parties for the exploration and production of oil and gas. Of its 620,000 net acres of oil and gas mineral interests, approximately 480,000 net acres are available for lease. The company has approximately 140,000 net acres leased for exploration activities, of which 27,000 net acres are held by production from 470 oil and gas wells that are owned and operated by others.
East Texas and Gulf Coast Basins: The company has approximately 252,000 net mineral acres in East Texas and 144,000 net mineral acres in Louisiana located with in the East Texas and Gulf Coast Basins. Of these reservoirs, the company has mineral interests in and around production trends in the Wilcox, Frio, Cockfield, James Lime, Pettet, Travis Peak, Cotton Valley, Austin Chalk, Haynesville Shale, and Bossier formations.
Fort Worth Basin: The company has approximately 1,000 net mineral acres in the Fort Worth Basin. This basin contains various oil and gas producing formations consisting of conventional, unconventional, and tight sand reservoirs. Of these reservoirs, the company has mineral interests in and around the Barnett Shale.
Alabama & Georgia: The company has approximately 42,000 net mineral acres in Alabama and 180,000 net mineral acres in Georgia. It has approximately 2,000 acres under lease in Northeastern Alabama. The company has water interests in approximately 1.6 million acres, including a 45 percent nonparticipating royalty interest in groundwater produced or withdrawn for commercial purposes or sold from approximately 1.4 million acres in Texas, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama.
Fiber Resources segment
The company sells wood fiber from portions of its land, primarily in Georgia, and lease land for hunting and other recreational uses.
Products: The company has approximately 227,000 acres of timber on its lands and approximately 18,000 acres of timber under lease. Approximately 213,000 acres of its land, primarily in Georgia, are leased for recreational purposes.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FORESTAR GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FORESTAR GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FORESTAR GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FORESTAR GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FORESTAR GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Forestar Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Forestar Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Forestar Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Forestar Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Real Estate Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Forestar Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FORESTAR GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FORESTAR GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FORESTAR GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FORESTAR GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FORESTAR GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FORESTAR GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Forestar Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Forestar Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Forestar Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Forestar Group Inc. History
Forestar Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Forestar Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Forestar Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Forestar Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Forestar Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Forestar Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Real Estate Industry Statistics
Forestar Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Forestar Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Forestar Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Forestar Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Forestar Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Forestar Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Forestar Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Forestar Group Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?