- The report contains detailed information about Veolia Environnement S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Veolia Environnement S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Veolia Environnement S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Veolia Environnement S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Veolia Environnement S.A. business.
About Veolia Environnement S.A.
Veolia Environnement SA provides environmental management services, which include water and wastewater services, environmental services, energy services, and transportation services. The companys clients include a range of public authorities, industrial, and commercial services customers and individuals worldwide.
The companys operations are conducted through four divisions, each specializing in a single business sector: Water, Environmental services, Energy services, and Transportation. Its principal operating subsidiaries in each division are Veolia Eau Compagnie Generale des Eaux (Water), Veolia Proprete (Environmental Services), Dalkia (Energy Services), and Veolia Transport (Transportation).
Through Veolia Eau Compagnie Generale des Eaux, the company provides water and wastewater services for public authorities and industrial companies. In addition, Veolia Eau, through its subsidiary Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, engages in the design of technological solutions and the construction of structures for the performance of such services. Veolia Eau provides drinking water to approximately 95 million people, and supplies 66 million people with wastewater services.
The Water Division has presence in approximately 66 countries, including France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania. Veolia Eau also has a presence in the United States through its contracts for the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment plants, including its contracts with the city of Indianapolis and Milwaukee. Veolia Eau also has a presence in the Middle East and Africa, primarily in Morocco and Gabon. Veolia Eau manages municipal drinking water and/or wastewater services on five continents through a geographical organization featuring a local presence.
Engineering and Technological Solutions for the Treatment of Water
Through Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, Veolia Eau develops technical solutions and designs/builds the infrastructure necessary to provide water services on behalf of public authorities and industrial and service sector customers. In addition, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies designs, assembles, manufactures, installs, and operates modular standardized and semi-standardized equipment designed to treat water for municipal and industrial uses. Veolia Eau treats groundwater, surface water, brackish or seawater, wastewater and refined sludge. Veolia Eau also designs, builds, renews, and recovers urban and industrial drinking water and wastewater networks and related infrastructure, in France and worldwide.
Acquisitions and Divestitures
In 2009, the company acquired Homerider, a specialist in radio meter reading.
In 2009, the company sold an additional 5% stake in Veolia Environmental Services Morocco.
In 2009, the company sold its three Enerserve entities operating in the Caribbean by Veolia Water North America.
Through Veolia Proprete subsidiary, the company operates in the environmental services sector, where it is involved in waste collection, recycling, and processing. It handles waste in all forms and at all stages of the waste cycle. Veolia Proprete manages liquid and solid waste and non-hazardous and hazardous waste (with the exception of nuclear waste) from collection to recovery, on behalf of both public authorities and industrial customers. Veolia Proprete partners with approximately 750,000 industrial and sector customers3 and serves approximately 73 million inhabitants on behalf of public authorities.
In 2009, Veolia Proprete estimates that it collected approximately 43 million tons of waste and processed approximately 62 million tons of waste. As of December 31, 2009, Veolia Proprete managed approximately 861 waste processing units.
The companys Environmental Services Division, Veolia Proprete, furnishes waste management and logistical services, which include waste collection, waste processing, cleaning of public spaces, maintenance of production equipment, treatment of polluted soil, and management of waste discharge at industrial sites. D
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Veolia Environnement S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Veolia Environnement S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Veolia Environnement S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Veolia Environnement S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Veolia Environnement S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VEOLIA ENVIRONNEMENT S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Veolia Environnement S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Veolia Environnement S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Veolia Environnement S.A. Major Shareholders
Veolia Environnement S.A. History
Veolia Environnement S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Veolia Environnement S.A. Offices and Representations
Veolia Environnement S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Veolia Environnement S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Veolia Environnement S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Veolia Environnement S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Veolia Environnement S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Veolia Environnement S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Veolia Environnement S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Veolia Environnement S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Veolia Environnement S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Veolia Environnement S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Veolia Environnement S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Veolia Environnement S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?