- The report contains detailed information about Tenaga Nasional Bhd that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tenaga Nasional Bhd. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tenaga Nasional Bhd financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tenaga Nasional Bhd competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tenaga Nasional Bhd business.
About Tenaga Nasional Bhd
Tenaga Nasional Berhad, through its subsidiaries, primarily engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in Malaysia.
This division operates SESB power stations namely major, minor, rural mini hydro stations and IPP plants. It focuses on its major stations, all Independent Power Producer stations (IPPs), and Hydro and Gas power plants.
The Transmission division manages and operates the 132 kilovolts, 275 kilovolts, and 500 kilovolts transmission network of the company known as the National Grid. Primary activities of the Transmission Division include strategy formulation, system planning, engineering, project management, control operations, maintenance, way leave management and more.
The National Grid is interconnected to Thailands transmission system operated by Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) in the North via a HVDC interconnection with a transmission capacity of 300 megawatts and a 132 kilovolts HVAC overhead line with maximum transmission capacity of 80 megawatts. The National Grid is also connected to Singapores transmission system at Senoko in the South via two 230 kilovolts submarine cables with a firm transmission capacity of 200 megawatts.
This division carries out planning, operation, maintenance, and system improvement works of the transmission system throughout Sabah and the Federal Territory of Labuan. It also operates and controls the dispatch of power generation of the power plants in the Sabah Grid.
The division plans, constructs, operates, performs repairs & maintenance, as well as manages the assets of the 33 kilovolts, 22 kilovolts, 11 kilovolts, 6.6 kilovolts, and 415/240 volts in the Peninsula Malaysias distribution network. It is made up of three core components namely the Technical Unit, Customer Service & Marketing Unit, and Operational Zone.
The division operates a network of state and area offices to purchase electricity from embedded generators; it markets and sells electricity, connects new supply, provides counter services, collects revenues, operates call management centres, provides supply restoration services, and cultivates strong customer and government relationships.
As of 31 August 2009, the Distribution Division has 13 offices at state level, 38 area offices, 56 branches, 8 small brances, 4 Call Management Centres (CMC) and 140 Kedai Tenaga throughout Peninsula Malaysia.
TNB Repair & Maintenance Sdn. Bhd. (REMACO)
The company's subsidiary, REMACO, operates as a power utility organization in Malaysia. It provides repair and maintenance services for power plant equipments. In addition, the company has ventured into supplying spare parts and operations and maintenance services for the various power plants.
Maintenance Services: This specializes in turnkey maintenance of all thermal and hydro power plants, combined, and open cycle gas turbine and all its associated equipment, including diesel generating plants.
Test & Diagnostics: This undertakes all power plants performance tests, C & I and plant calibration, electrical equipment maintenance, including generator and transformer, technical audit, and power plant rehabilitation.
Repair Centre: This undertakes repair and refurbishing of all gas turbine components and their associated equipment.
Project Management: This offers O&M services and other related services.
BUYCO: This acts as a buying agent on behalf of the company to procure spare parts from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and/or its vendors and international trading house.
Tenaga Nasional Berhad was founded in 1949.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tenaga Nasional Bhd Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tenaga Nasional Bhd and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tenaga Nasional Bhd and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tenaga Nasional Bhd Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tenaga Nasional Bhd Industry Position Analysis
6. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MALAYSIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TENAGA NASIONAL BHD VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Major Shareholders
Tenaga Nasional Bhd History
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Offices and Representations
Tenaga Nasional Bhd SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Capital Market Snapshot
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tenaga Nasional Bhd 1-year Stock Charts
Tenaga Nasional Bhd 5-year Stock Charts
Tenaga Nasional Bhd vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tenaga Nasional Bhd vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tenaga Nasional Bhd Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?