- The report contains detailed information about Teletouch Communications Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Teletouch Communications Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Teletouch Communications Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Teletouch Communications Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Teletouch Communications Inc. business.
About Teletouch Communications Inc.
Teletouch Communications, Inc. provides wireless services and consumer electronics individual consumers, businesses, and government agencies in the United States. The company provides wireless telecommunications and related services primarily in Texas and sells automotive and cellular products nationally and worldwide.
The company offers a suite of wireless telecommunications solutions, including cellular, two-way radio, GPS-telemetry, and wireless messaging. It is an authorized provider and billing agent of AT&T products and services (voice, data and entertainment) to consumers, businesses, and government agencies, as well as an operator of its own two-way radio network and logic trunked radio (LTR) systems in Texas. The company entered into national agency and distribution agreements with Sprint and Clearwire, providers of advanced 4G cellular network services.
The company operates a chain of 24 retail and agent stores under the Teletouch and Hawk Electronics brands, in conjunction with its direct sales force, call centers and various retail e-commerce Web sites, including www.hawkelectronics.com, www.hawkwireless.com, and www.hawkexpress.com. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Progressive Concepts, Inc. (PCI), the company also operates a wholesale distribution business, PCI Wholesale, primarily serving cellular carrier agents and rural carriers, as well as auto dealers, smaller consumer electronics retailers and distributors nationally and internationally. Wholesale distribution product sales and support are available through its direct sales personnel and the Internet at sites, including www.pciwholesale.com and www.pcidropship.com, among other B2B oriented Web sites.
Segments and Operations
The company has three primary business operations: Cellular Operations, Wholesale Distribution Operations, and Two-Way Radio Operations.
The companys cellular business represents its primary business, which has been acquiring, billing, and supporting cellular subscribers under relationship with AT&T. It serves approximately 61,000 cellular customers in the Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), San Antonio, Texas MSA, Austin, Texas MSA, Houston, Texas MSA, East Texas Regional MSA, and Arkansas, including primarily the Little Rock, Arkansas MSA. The consumer services and retail business within the cellular business is operated primarily under the Hawk Electronics brand name, with additional business and government sales provided by a direct sales group operating throughout its markets. As a distributor for AT&T wireless services, the company controls the customer experience, including initiating and maintaining the cellular service agreements, rating the cellular plans, providing customer care, underwriting new account acquisitions and providing multi-service billing, collections, and account maintenance. In addition, it is a reseller and agent of Sprint and Clearwire branded products and services in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and those operations are also included in its cellular business. Product sales from the companys cellular business comprise primarily cellular telephones and accessories sold through PCIs retail stores, the Internet, outside salespeople, and agents.
The company operates a national consumer electronics and cellular equipment wholesale distribution and trading business, which serves carrier agents, rural cellular carriers, smaller consumer and electronic retailers, and automotive dealers throughout the United States. It also maintains certain international customer relationships, primarily in Asia, Europe, and Latin America for its cellular related equipment sales business. The wholesale group acquires, sells, and supports various types of cellular telephones (handsets), related accessories, telemetry, car audio, and car security products under various direct distribution agreements with manufacturers.
Two-Way Radio Operations
The company operates a two-way radio business and network, with a range and service operations covering the North Texas (Dallas / Fort Worth DFW) to East Texas MSAs (Metropolitan Statistical Areas), and adjacent market areas. Radio communication services are provided on its logic trunked radio (LTR) and passport systems, with related radio equipment sales and installation services provided by Teleouch branded locations in the market areas. It also sells and services radio equipment for customers operating their own two-way radio systems. Additional services provided by the two-way operations include fixed and mobile installations, with maintenance and repair of radio equipment and accessories. The two-way radio segment also includes safety and emergency response vehicle product sales and installation services.
The company purchases two-way radios primarily from Motorola, Kenwood USA, Vertex, and Icom America. AT&T is the primary source for the cellular phones it sells to cellular subscribers. Majority of the emergency vehicle products sold are obtained under a master distributer agreement with Whelen Engineering Company, Inc.
The company competes against AT&T for subscribers in the DFW, San Antonio, Houston, Austin, East Texas and Arkansas market areas and competes against other Sprint and Clearwire wireless service resellers and agents in the DFW MSA.
Teletouch Communications, Inc. was founded in 1964.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Teletouch Communications Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Teletouch Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Teletouch Communications Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Teletouch Communications Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Teletouch Communications Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELETOUCH COMMUNICATIONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Teletouch Communications Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Teletouch Communications Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Teletouch Communications Inc. Major Shareholders
Teletouch Communications Inc. History
Teletouch Communications Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Teletouch Communications Inc. Offices and Representations
Teletouch Communications Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Teletouch Communications Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Teletouch Communications Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Teletouch Communications Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Teletouch Communications Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Teletouch Communications Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Teletouch Communications Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Teletouch Communications Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Teletouch Communications Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Teletouch Communications Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Teletouch Communications Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Teletouch Communications Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?