- The report contains detailed information about Telenet Holding NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Telenet Holding NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Telenet Holding NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Telenet Holding NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Telenet Holding NV business.
About Telenet Holding NV
Telenet Group Holding NV, through its subsidiaries, provides media and communication services in Belgium.
The company, through its broadband network, offers cable television, including premium television services, broadband Internet, and telephony services to residential subscribers in Flanders and certain communes in Brussels, as well as broadband Internet, data, and voice services in the business market throughout Belgium. The company also offers mobile telephony services as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) which acquires wholesale airtime capacity from the Belgian mobile telephone operator, Mobistar NV.
Analog Television: The basic cable television is the principal medium for the provision of television services in Flanders. As of December 31, 2008, the companys basic analog and digital television services reached a total of 2,402,500 subscribers. Its total basic television subscribers comprise 1,729,000 subscribers receiving an analog television service and 673,500 digital television subscribers to either the Telenet Digital TV or the acquired INDI digital service platform.
Digital and Premium Television:
The company, with its interactive digital television (iDTV) service, offers a range of basic digital channels, together with certain interactive features, in addition to a range of basic analog channels. Its digital cable television service includes a combination of premium sports and film channels, a range of thematic channels, and various on-demand and other interactive features. Its premium content is acquired through various studio contracts, including Universal Studios, MGM, Twentieth Century Fox, Paramount, Sony, Disney, and Warner Brothers. As of December 31, 2008, the company had a total of 674,000 subscribers to its digital television services, including 609,000 subscribers to the Telenet Digital TV product and 65,000 subscribers to the INDI digital TV service. To access its premium iDTV offerings, the company offers digital set top boxes in a sale or a rental model. It offers a choice of Digibox and Digicorder set top boxes with alternative specifications and functionality, such as the ability to record and playback digital content viewed on its service and to allow for high definition broadcasting.
Broadband Internet: The company provides residential broadband Internet services in Flanders. Through its hybrid fiber coaxial upgraded network, the company offers its residential subscribers a broadband Internet service at a downstream data transfer speed of up to 25 MBps. It also offers narrowband and wireless Internet services. Using Internet-only cable modems and dual purpose Internet and telephony modems to connect subscribers to the combined network, its residential offerings include multiple tiers, which range from Telenet BasicNet, which allows end users to receive data from the Internet at a downstream data transfer speed of up to 1 MBps to TurboNet XL, which offers end users a downstream speed of approximately 25 MBps. As of December 31, 2008, its total broadband Internet subscribers reached 985,000.
Telephony: The company offers its residential subscribers local, national, and international long distance fixed line telephony services, mobile telephony services, and various value added features. As of December 31, 2008, it had 629,000 fixed telephony subscribers.
Business Services: The company offers a range of voice, data, and Internet products and services that are tailored to the size and needs of each customer. It provides services to business customers throughout Belgium and parts of Luxembourg. The companys business customers include small and medium size enterprises with between 5 and 100 employees; larger corporations; public, healthcare, and educational institutions; and carrier customers that include international voice, data, and Internet service providers.
In October 2008, the company acquired Interkabels cable network assets and customer base (approximately 680,000 analogue and approximately 70,000 digital customers).
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TELENET HOLDING NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TELENET HOLDING NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TELENET HOLDING NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TELENET HOLDING NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TELENET HOLDING NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Telenet Holding NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Telenet Holding NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Telenet Holding NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Telenet Holding NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Telenet Holding NV Industry Position Analysis
6. TELENET HOLDING NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TELENET HOLDING NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TELENET HOLDING NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BELGIUM PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TELENET HOLDING NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TELENET HOLDING NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TELENET HOLDING NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Telenet Holding NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Telenet Holding NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Telenet Holding NV Major Shareholders
Telenet Holding NV History
Telenet Holding NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Telenet Holding NV Offices and Representations
Telenet Holding NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Telenet Holding NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Telenet Holding NV Capital Market Snapshot
Telenet Holding NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Telenet Holding NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Telenet Holding NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Telenet Holding NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Telenet Holding NV 1-year Stock Charts
Telenet Holding NV 5-year Stock Charts
Telenet Holding NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Telenet Holding NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Telenet Holding NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?