- The report contains detailed information about Tata Power Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tata Power Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tata Power Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tata Power Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tata Power Co. Ltd. business.
About Tata Power Co. Ltd.
The Tata Power Company Limited operates as a private sector power utility company in India. The company has a presence in all the segments of the power sector, such as generation (thermal, hydro, solar, and wind), transmission, distribution, and trading.
The company has public-private partnerships in generation, transmission, and distribution North Delhi Power Limited with Delhi Vidyut Board for distribution in North Delhi, Powerlinks Transmission Ltd. with Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. for evacuation of Power from Tala hydro plant in Bhutan to Delhi and Maithon Power Ltd. with Damodar Valley Corporation for a 1050 Megawatts (MW) Mega Power Project at Jharkhand.
The company, as of March 31, 2009, had an installed capacity of 2,785 MW based on various fuel sources: thermal (coal, gas, and oil), hydroelectric power, renewable energy (wind) and waste heat recovery.
Tata Power Licensed Area Business Mumbai
The companys generation units in the Licensed Area are at Trombay (1,580 MW thermal) and Bhira, Bhivpuri and Khopoli (447 MW hydroelectric). During the year 2008, the 250 MW unit 8 at Trombay commenced commercial operation.
Trombay Thermal Power Station: Trombay has an installed capacity of 1,580 MW, of which 750 MW is coal fired, 650 MW uses oil and the balance 180 MW uses gas as a source. 250 MW coal fired Unit 8 became commercially operational from March 2009.
Hydro Stations Bhira, Bhivpuri and Khopoli: The company has three hydroelectric (hydel) power generating stations, totaling 447 MW Khopoli (75 MW), Bhira (300 MW including 150 MW of Bhira Pumped Storage Unit [BPSU]) and Bhivpuri (72 MW) all located in the Raigad district of Maharashtra.
The company has approximately 1,100 Circuit Kilometers (Kms) of transmission network in Mumbai Licensed Area, comprising 973 Circuit Kms of 220 kV/110 kV overhead lines and 124 Circuit Kms of 220 kV/110 kV underground cables. The companys transmission system connects Trombay and the hydro generating stations to 17 receiving stations spread across the Mumbai Licensed Area, with major ones being Carnac, Parel, Dharavi, Salsette and Borivali receiving stations. The transmission system is interconnected with Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited (MSETCL) grid at Trombay, Salsette, Borivali and Kalyan receiving stations. The transmission lines are used by Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST), Reliance Infrastructure Limited, and the companys own distribution business.
The company supplies power to customers, either bulk or retail, in its area of license. Its cable network was expanded by approximately 49 Circuit Kms, taking the total network length to approximately 1,240 Circuit Kms.
Tata Power Captive Power Plant (CPP) / Independent
Power Producer (IPP) business
Jojobera Thermal Power Station: Jojobera, in Jharkhand, has installed capacity of 427.5 MW (Unit 1 of 67.5 MW capacity and Units 2, 3 and 4 of 120 MW capacity each). The Jojobera Thermal Power Station recorded a generation of 3,009 MUs during the year 2008.
Belgaum Thermal Power Station: Belgaum, in Karnataka has a heavy fuel oil based generation capacity of 81 MW. During the year 2008, Belgaum Power Plant generated 447 MUs.
Haldia Power Plant: During the year 2008, the company had commissioned two 45 MW Units in Haldia, West Bengal. These units use hot coke oven gas from Hooghly Met Coke & Power Company Limited to produce steam for power generation. Unit 1 commenced commercial operation from August 2008 and Unit 2 from December 2008.
Strategic Electronics Division (SED)
Tata Power SED operates in the Defence Systems and Engineering space serving as a prime contractor to Ministry of Defence (MoD) for Indigenous Defence Products and Systems.
Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) and Tata Power
North Delhi Power Limited (NDPL): NDPL, a distribution company (discom) supplying power to North Delhi, is a subsidiary of the company with 51% share, the balance being held by Delhi Power Company Limited (a Government of Delhi undertaking). NDPL services approximately 1 million
1. TATA POWER CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TATA POWER CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TATA POWER CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TATA POWER CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TATA POWER CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tata Power Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tata Power Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tata Power Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tata Power Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tata Power Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. TATA POWER CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TATA POWER CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TATA POWER CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TATA POWER CO. LTD. PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TATA POWER CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. TATA POWER CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Tata Power Co. Ltd. History
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Tata Power Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tata Power Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Tata Power Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Tata Power Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tata Power Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tata Power Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?