- The report contains detailed information about Tata Communications Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tata Communications Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tata Communications Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tata Communications Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tata Communications Limited business.
About Tata Communications Limited
Tata Communications Limited provides wholesale international voice services. The company operates submarine cable networks worldwide.
The companys customer base includes approximately 1,600 global carriers and service providers, 785 mobile operators, 10,000 enterprises, 275,000 broadband and Internet subscribers, and 500 Wi-Fi public hotspots. The companys transmission network of approximately 210,000 route kilometers and its IP core with approximately 400 points of presence, enable a range of services that include traditional TDM voice, VOIP, private leased circuits, IP VPN, Internet access, global Ethernet, data centre, co-location, managed network, managed services, managed hosting, managed storage, mobile signaling, and other IP-related services.
The company offers a range of integrated communications services in three segments, including Wholesale Voice, Enterprise and Carrier Data, and Others.
This segment provides primarily to telecommunications carriers for the delivery of international calls to approximately 240 countries and territories (approximately 1,000 destinations), including India.
The company maintains approximately 480 direct and bilateral relationships with leading international voice telecommunication providers. Transporting approximately 32.6 billion minutes annually, the company has a range of customers that can be divided into 3 main categories, including Mobile, Broadband, and Carriers.
Voice Termination Services (ILD, VTS, VTS Economy, and VTS Prime): Through its global TDM and VoIP network, the company carries international long distance traffic to 240 countries and territories worldwide. VTS Prime, VTS and VTS Economy are solutions designed to meet each customers specific needs in terms of voice quality. VTS Prime is used for the Mobile, Retail, and Broadband segments.
Wholesale Inbound Services or Access Services (Toll-Free, Local Number Services, HCD): The companys access services are fully automated, caller-dialed service options, which allow users to receive toll-free calls from various countries around the world. ITFS offers coverage from approximately 100 countries, UIFN from 45 countries, local number services from 40 countries, and HCD from approximately 110 countries.
UIFN (Universal International Free Phone Service): This service is available in approximately 45 participating countries.
Managed Calling Cards Solution: Enables carriers to have a private-label prepaid calling service with products and rate plans customized to their markets.
Audiotext: Provides transport traffic to destination numbers promoted by content providers in various countries for voice, data and/or online information services which may be accessed via the international public telephone network.
ISDN: Provides high-speed, clear channel data solution that delivers data connectivity to approximately 120 countries.
Operator: Services allow end-users to originate operator-assisted calls (collect and sent paid) to and from Canada.
Enterprise and Carrier Data Business
This segment provides data services, primarily focusing on International and National Private Leased Circuit (IPLC and NPLC) services and IP transit services. It supplies international telecom companies with transmission backbone services across the Atlantic, the Pacific, and into and out of India. As a Tier 1 ISP, the company also operates IP networks with points of presence worldwide. The company also provides network services and managed services to cater to the business needs of the global multinational corporations worldwide.
Enterprise Data Business
This segment offers customized, voice and data solutions, as well as managed services to enterprise customers worldwide.
International Private Leased Circuits (IPLCs): The company provides international connectivity for customers who need 24-hour communications from a fixed point in one country to a fixed point in another. These services are provided using the companys international gateways, earth stations and cable stations.
National Private Leased Circuits (NPLCs): The company provides point-to-point d
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tata Communications Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tata Communications Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tata Communications Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tata Communications Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tata Communications Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TATA COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tata Communications Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tata Communications Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tata Communications Limited Major Shareholders
Tata Communications Limited History
Tata Communications Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tata Communications Limited Offices and Representations
Tata Communications Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tata Communications Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tata Communications Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Tata Communications Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Tata Communications Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tata Communications Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tata Communications Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tata Communications Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Tata Communications Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Tata Communications Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tata Communications Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tata Communications Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?