- The report contains detailed information about Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. business.
About Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited provides fixed-line and other basic telecommunications services in Delhi and Mumbai. As of March 31, 2010, the companys fixed-line telecommunications networks in Delhi and Mumbai had an aggregate of approximately 3.62 million fixed lines in service.
The company launched its cellular services using global system for mobile communications (GSM) technology in Delhi and Mumbai and had approximately 4.78 million subscribers as of March 31, 2010. The companys CDMA-based services, as of March 31, 2010, had approximately 0.18 million mobile subscribers in Mumbai and Delhi. It also had approximately 1.49 million Internet access subscribers.
Basic fixed-line access (including phone plus facilities) in Delhi and Mumbai: The company provides basic fixed-line access, which consists of installation and provision of basic voice telephony services. Phone plus facilities in basic fixed-line include such services as abbreviated dialing, call transfer, hotline facility, three party conferencing, absentee facility, CLIP facility, call hunting, call alert, and morning alarm.
Public Call Offices: Public call offices consist of both manned offices where people can make local, long distance, and international calls; and coin operated telephone booths. The coin-operated public call offices offer only local call service, while the franchised public call offices offer local, domestic long distance, and international call services.
3G cellular services: In 2008, the company inaugurated 3G mobile services in Delhi. The 3G technology is the natural evolution of 2G services and would facilitate higher speed and data throughputs enabling the delivery of a range of multimedia services, such as video streaming, movie downloads, mobile TV, M-commerce, and other functions. In 2009, the company launched 3G services in the NDMC area of Delhi (with 50 Node Bs) with the brand name Jadoo. These services are now available in almost all of Delhis GSM licensed service area. In Mumbai, 3G services were launched in 2009 and network deployment is in progress. As on May 31, 2010, 734 Nodes B in Delhi and 565 Nodes B in Mumbai are operational.
GSM cellular services (including value-added services) in Delhi and Mumbai: The company offers its cellular mobile services using GSM technology (the European and Asian standard for digital cellular telephony) in Delhi and Mumbai under the brand name Dolphin. It has introduced its prepaid cellular services under the brand name Trump. As of March 31, 2010, the company had approximately 48.58 lakhs GSM cellular subscribers. It provides national roaming facilities for its GSM cellular customers through the networks of BSNL outside Mumbai and Delhi and has established roaming facilities for its customers in approximately 200 countries. As of March 31, 2010, the company had installed a cellular network with a capacity of 30.25 lakh lines in Delhi and 28.25 lakh lines in Mumbai.
Value Added services: The company offers value-added services on GSM, such as call-waiting, call-forwarding, wake-up calls, absent subscriber service (informing callers that the subscriber is unavailable) and caller identification, friends and family, night talk, VMS call conference, WAP, and voice mail.
Mobile and fixed-wireless services based on CDMA technology: The company provides wireless-in-local-loop (WLL) services using CDMA technology for fixed wireless and mobile operations on a commercially experimental basis with a single exchange and capacity for 1,000 subscribers in Delhi. Wireless-in-local-loop services use wireless links from a local exchange in place of conventional cables. As of March 31, 2010, the capacity of WLL was approximately 55,000 and 54,000 for Delhi and Mumbai; and the company had approximately 180,000 CDMA mobile connections and 130,000 fixed wireless connections.
ISDN services: The company provides narrow-band ISDN services that allow subscribers to send high speed data make telephone calls with voice transmission and holds desktop video conference over a single line. The companys narrow-band ISDN services, as of March 31, 2010, had approximately 25,000 sub
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Communication Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. INDIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Major Shareholders
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. History
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Offices and Representations
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Communication Services Industry Statistics
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?