- The report contains detailed information about Southwest Gas Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Southwest Gas Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Southwest Gas Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Southwest Gas Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Southwest Gas Corporation business.
About Southwest Gas Corporation
Southwest Gas Corporation engages in the purchasing, distribution, and transportation of natural gas; and provision of construction services.
The company operates in two segments, Natural Gas Operations and Construction Services.
Natural Gas Operations
The company engages in purchasing, distributing, and transporting natural gas in portions of Arizona, Nevada, and California. It is a distributor of natural gas in Arizona, selling and transporting natural gas in central and southern Arizona, including the Phoenix and Tucson metropolitan areas. The company is also a distributor of natural gas in Nevada, serving the Las Vegas metropolitan area and northern Nevada. In addition, it distributes and transports natural gas in portions of California, including the Lake Tahoe area and the high desert and mountain areas in San Bernardino County.
As of December 31, 2009, the company purchased and distributed or transported natural gas to 1,824,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers in portions of Arizona, Nevada, and California.
The company, through its wholly owned subsidiary, NPL Construction Co. (NPL), is a full-service underground piping contractor that provides utility companies with trenching and installation, replacement, and maintenance services for energy distribution systems. NPL contracts primarily with local distribution companies (LDCs) to install, repair, and maintain energy distribution systems from the town border station to the end-user. The primary focus of business operations is main and service replacement, as well as new business installations. During 2009, NPL served 55 major customers. Operations are conducted from 17 field locations.
The company competes with El Paso Natural Gas Company; Kern River Gas Transmission Company; Transwestern Pipeline Company; and Tuscarora Gas Pipeline Company.
Southwest Gas Corporation was founded in 1931.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Southwest Gas Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Southwest Gas Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Southwest Gas Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Southwest Gas Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Southwest Gas Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOUTHWEST GAS CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Southwest Gas Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Southwest Gas Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Southwest Gas Corporation Major Shareholders
Southwest Gas Corporation History
Southwest Gas Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Southwest Gas Corporation Offices and Representations
Southwest Gas Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Southwest Gas Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Southwest Gas Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Southwest Gas Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Southwest Gas Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Southwest Gas Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Southwest Gas Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Southwest Gas Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Southwest Gas Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Southwest Gas Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Southwest Gas Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Southwest Gas Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?