- The report contains detailed information about Raser Technologies, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Raser Technologies, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Raser Technologies, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Raser Technologies, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Raser Technologies, Inc. business.
About Raser Technologies, Inc.
Raser Technologies, Inc., an environmental energy technology company, focuses on geothermal power development and technology licensing.
The company operates in two segments: Power Systems, and Transportation & Industrial.
Power Systems Segment
The Power Systems Segment develops clean, renewable geothermal electric power plants and bottom-cycling operations. It has accumulated a portfolio of geothermal interests in four western continental states and a geothermal concession in Indonesia.
The company has initiated the development of eight geothermal projects. It has placed one power plant in service, which refer to as its Thermo No. 1 plant, and is selling electricity generated by the Thermo No. 1 plant. The Thermo No. 1 plant is generating approximately 7 MW of electrical power (gross). In addition, the company purchases power for remote pumps in its well field, which are required to ensure adequate flow of hot water.
The PureCycle units are small, modular units each producing approximately 280 kilowatts (kW) of gross electrical output each. It installed fifty PureCycle units at the Thermo No. 1 plant. The companys geothermal resources portfolio consists of approximately 275,000 acres in the United States and a concession of approximately 100,000 acres in Indonesia. The companys portfolio of geothermal leases contains a mix of private, state and federal leases.
Transportation & Industrial Segment
The Transportation & Industrial Segment focuses on using its Symetron family of technologies to improve electric motors, generators and power electronic drives used in electric and hybrid electric vehicle propulsion systems.
Transportation & Industrial segment focuses on commercializing its electric motor, generator and drive technologies, such as its series plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) with range extender technologies, into applications. In 2008, the company began work to integrate a Symetron traction motor, generator and controller drive in a Hummer H3 demonstration vehicle (Hummer Demonstration Vehicle). The Hummer Demonstration Vehicle was built under a collaborative arrangement with General Motors, Inc. (General Motors) and its integration partner FEV, Inc. Its plug-in electric drive system is designed to allow light trucks and SUVs to achieve the equivalent of approximately 100 mpg in typical local daily driving with near zero emissions, by using electricity instead of petroleum as the primary fuel.
The company completed the initial phase of developing its Hummer Demonstration Vehicle and unveiled the prototype at the 2009 SAE International World Congress, in Detroit Michigan. It is in the process of testing the Hummer Demonstration Vehicle and seeking a manufacturing partner for small scale manufacturing of additional prototype vehicles.
In November 2010, Raser Technologies, Inc. had finalized a transaction with a group of private investors lead by California investor Carl E. Berg to form an electric automotive company focused initially on trucks and SUVs for fleet customers.
In the geothermal power generation sector, the companys main competitors in the United States are Ormat Technologies, Calpine, CalEnergy Generation, Terra-Gen Power; and other smaller-sized developers, such as U.S. Geothermal, Nevada Geothermal, RAM, Magma Renewables, Agua Caliente, and Vulcan Power.
Raser Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Raser Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Raser Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Raser Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Raser Technologies, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Raser Technologies, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RASER TECHNOLOGIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Raser Technologies, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Raser Technologies, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Raser Technologies, Inc. Major Shareholders
Raser Technologies, Inc. History
Raser Technologies, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Raser Technologies, Inc. Offices and Representations
Raser Technologies, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Raser Technologies, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Raser Technologies, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Raser Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Raser Technologies, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Raser Technologies, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Raser Technologies, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Raser Technologies, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Raser Technologies, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Raser Technologies, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Raser Technologies, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Raser Technologies, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?