- The report contains detailed information about Pinnacle West Capital Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pinnacle West Capital Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pinnacle West Capital Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pinnacle West Capital Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pinnacle West Capital Corp. business.
About Pinnacle West Capital Corp.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as an electric utility that provides retail and wholesale electric services in Arizona. The company also engages in real estate development activities in the western United States.
The company's principal subsidiary is Arizona Public Service Company (APS). Its other subsidiaries are SunCor Development Company (SunCor); APS Energy Services Company, Inc. (APSES); and El Dorado Investment Company (El Dorado).
The company has two principal business segments: the Regulated Electricity segment, which consists of traditional regulated retail and wholesale electricity businesses (primarily electric service to Native Load customers) and related activities, and includes electricity generation, transmission and distribution; and the Real Estate segment, which consists of real estate development and investment activities in the western United States.
ARIZONA PUBLIC SERVICE COMPANY
APS provides electric service to approximately 1.1 million customers. The company owns or leases approximately 6,280 MW of regulated generation capacity and it holds a mix of both long-term and short-term power purchase agreements for additional capacity, including various agreements for the purchase of renewable energy.
APS has ownership interests in or leases the coal, nuclear, gas, oil, and solar generating facilities.
Coal Fueled Generating Facilities
Four Corners Four Corners is a 5-unit coal-fired power plant located in the northwestern corner of New Mexico. APS operates the plant and owns 100% of Four Corners Units 1, 2 and 3 and 15% of Units 4 and 5. APS has a total entitlement from Four Corners of 785 MW.
Cholla Cholla is a 4-unit coal-fired power plant located in northeastern Arizona. APS operates the plant and owns 100% of Cholla Units 1, 2, and 3. PacifiCorp owns Cholla Unit 4 and APS operates that unit for PacifiCorp. APS has a total entitlement from Cholla of 647 MW.
Navajo Generating Station The Navajo Plant is a 3-unit coal-fired power plant located in northern Arizona. Salt River Project operates the plant and APS owns a 14% interest in Navajo Units 1, 2, and 3. APS has a total entitlement from the Navajo Plant of 315 MW.
Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station Palo Verde is a nuclear power plant located approximately 50 miles west of Phoenix, Arizona. APS operates the plant and owns 29.1% of Palo Verde Units 1 and 3 and approximately 17% of Unit 2. APS has a total entitlement from Palo Verde of 1,146 MW.
Natural Gas and Oil Fueled Generating Facilities
APS has six natural gas power plants located throughout Arizona, consisting of Redhawk, located near the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station; Ocotillo, located in Tempe; Sundance, located in Coolidge; West Phoenix, located in southwest Phoenix; Saguaro, located north of Tucson; and Yucca, located near Yuma. APS owns and operates each of these plants with the exception of one combustion turbine unit and one steam unit at Yucca that are operated by APS and owned by the Imperial Irrigation District. APS has a total entitlement from these plants of 3,389 MW.
APS owns and operates approximately 30 on-grid and off-grid small solar systems around the state. Together they have the capacity to produce approximately 6 MW of renewable energy. This fleet of solar systems is anchored by a 3 MW facility located at the Prescott Airport and a 1 MW facility located at APS Saguaro power plant.
Transmission and Distribution Facilities
APS transmission facilities consist of approximately 5,946 pole miles of overhead lines and approximately 49 miles of underground lines, 5,723 miles of which are located in Arizona. APS distribution facilities consist of approximately 11,362 miles of overhead lines and approximately 17,308 miles of underground primary cable, which are located in Arizona.
BUSINESS OF OTHER SUBSIDIARIES
SunCor develops residential, commercial, and industrial real estate projects in Arizona, Idaho, New Mexico, and Utah. SunCors assets consist primarily of land with improvements, commercial buildings, golf courses, and other real estate investments. SunCors projects include master-planned communities and commercial and residential projects. Four of the master-planned communities and the commercial and residential projects are in Arizona. Other master-planned communities are located in Idaho, New Mexico, and Utah.
APSES provides energy-related products and services, such as energy master planning, energy use consultation and facility audits, cogeneration analysis and installation, and project management with a focus on energy efficiency and renewable energy to commercial and industrial retail customers in the western United States. APSES also owns and operates district cooling systems.
El Dorado owns minority interests in various energy-related investments and Arizona community-based ventures.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation was founded in 1920.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pinnacle West Capital Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pinnacle West Capital Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Major Shareholders
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. History
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Offices and Representations
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pinnacle West Capital Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?