- The report contains detailed information about Pepco Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pepco Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pepco Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pepco Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pepco Holdings, Inc. business.
About Pepco Holdings, Inc.
Pepco Holdings, Inc. operates as a diversified energy company in the United States. The company, through its operating subsidiaries, engages in the delivery of electricity and natural gas, and generation, marketing and supply of energy in the United States.
The company primarily operates in two segments: Power Delivery and Competitive Energy.
The Power Delivery Segment engages in the transmission, distribution and default supply of electricity. A portion of the Power Delivery business consists of the supply and distribution of natural gas.
Pepco is engaged in the transmission, distribution and default supply of electricity in the District of Columbia and major portions of Prince Georges County and Montgomery County in suburban Maryland. Pepcos service territory covers approximately 640 square miles and has a population of approximately 2.1 million. As of December 31, 2009, Pepco delivered electricity to 778,000 customers. In 2009, Pepco delivered a total of 26,549,000 megawatt hours of electricity, of which 29% was delivered to residential customers, 50% to commercial customers, and 21% to United States and District of Columbia government customers.
DPL is engaged in the transmission, distribution and default supply of electricity in Delaware and portions of Maryland. In northern Delaware, DPL also supplies and distributes natural gas to retail customers and provides transportation-only services to retail customers that purchase natural gas from another supplier.
Transmission and Distribution of Electricity: In Delaware, electricity service is provided in the counties of Kent, New Castle, and Sussex and in Maryland in the counties of Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Harford, Kent, Queen Annes, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico and Worcester. DPLs electricity distribution service territory covers approximately 5,000 square miles and has a population of approximately 1.3 million. As of December 31, 2009 and 2008, DPL delivered electricity to 498,000 customers (of which 299,000 were located in Delaware and 199,000 were located in Maryland).
Natural Gas Distribution: DPL provides regulated natural gas supply and distribution service to customers in a service territory consisting of a major portion of New Castle County in Delaware. This service territory covers approximately 275 square miles and has a population of approximately 500,000. As of December 31, 2009, DPL distributed natural gas to 123,000 customers.
In 2009, DPL distributed 19,000,000 Mcf (thousand cubic feet) of natural gas to customers in its Delaware service territory, of which 42% were sales to residential customers, 25% to commercial customers, 1% to industrial customers, and 32% to customers.
ACE is primarily engaged in the transmission, distribution and default supply of electricity in a service territory consisting of Gloucester, Camden, Burlington, Ocean, Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland and Salem counties in southern New Jersey. ACEs service territory covers approximately 2,700 square miles and has a population of approximately 1.1 million. As of December 31, 2009, ACE delivered electricity to 547,000 customers in its service territory. In 2009, ACE delivered a total of 9,659,000 megawatt hours of electricity to its customers, of which 45% was delivered to residential customers, 45% to commercial customers and 10% to industrial customers.
ACE provides two types of BGS: GS-Fixed Price (BGS-FP), which is supplied to smaller commercial and residential customers at seasonally-adjusted fixed prices; and BGS-Commercial and Industrial Energy Price (BGS-CIEP), which is supplied to larger customers.
The Competitive Energy business provides competitive generation, marketing and supply of electricity and natural gas, and related energy management services primarily in the mid-Atlantic region. These operations are conducted through Conectiv Energy and Pepco Energy Services.
Conectiv Energy divides its activities into two operational categories: Merchant Generation and Load Service and Energy Marketing.
Merchant Generation & Load Service: Conectiv
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pepco Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pepco Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pepco Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pepco Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pepco Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PEPCO HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
Pepco Holdings, Inc. History
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
Pepco Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pepco Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Pepco Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Pepco Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pepco Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pepco Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?