- The report contains detailed information about Pennichuck Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pennichuck Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pennichuck Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pennichuck Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pennichuck Corp. business.
About Pennichuck Corp.
Pennichuck Corporation engages in the collection, storage, treatment, and distribution of potable water in New Hampshire.
The companys segments include Regulated Water Utilities and Non-Regulated Water Management Services.
Regulated Water Utilities
This segment engages in the collection, storage, treatment, distribution, and sale of potable water in southern and central New Hampshire.
The company's principal subsidiary, Pennichuck Water Works, Inc. (Pennichuck Water), serves the City of Nashua, New Hampshire and 10 surrounding New Hampshire municipalities located in southern New Hampshire. It other subsidiaries Pennichuck East Utility, Inc. (Pennichuck East) serves 15 communities majority of which are located in southern and central New Hampshire; and Pittsfield Aqueduct Company, Inc. (Pittsfield Aqueduct) serves customers in the Town of Pittsfield, New Hampshire, as well as three other communities in central and northern New Hampshire.
Pennichuck Water distributes water in the City of Nashua, New Hampshire and in portions of the towns of Amherst, Bedford, Derry, Epping, Hollis, Merrimack, Milford, Newmarket, Plaistow and Salem, New Hampshire. Pennichuck Waters transmission mains extend from Nashua into portions of the surrounding towns of Amherst, Hudson, Merrimack, Hollis and Milford. Its franchises in the remaining towns consist of satellite water systems.
Pennichuck East is franchised to distribute water in portions of the New Hampshire towns of Atkinson, Bow, Chester, Derry, Exeter, Hooksett, Lee, Litchfield, Londonderry, Pelham, Plaistow, Raymond, Sandown, Weare and Windham, which are near the areas served by Pennichuck Water. The water utility assets owned by Pennichuck East consist principally of water transmission and distribution mains, hydrants, wells, pump stations and pumping equipment, water services and meters, easements and certain tracts of land. During 2009, Pennichuck East serves approximately 5,600 customers.
As of December 31, 2009, Pittsfield Aqueduct served approximately 1,800 customers in the towns Pittsfield, Barnstead, Middleton and Conway, New Hampshire, which are located in the central and northern portions of the state.
Water Supply Facilities
Pennichuck Waters principal properties are located in Nashua, New Hampshire, except for portions of its watershed or buffer land which are located in the neighboring towns of Amherst, Merrimack and Hollis, New Hampshire. In addition, Pennichuck Water owns four impounding dams which are situated on the Nashua and Merrimack border.
The primary source of potable water for the companys core Pennichuck Water system is the Pennichuck Brook, Holt Pond, Bowers Pond, Harris Pond and Supply Pond in the Nashua area that together can hold approximately 500 million gallons of water.
The company owns a water treatment plant in Nashua that uses a combination of physical and chemical removal of suspended solids and sand and carbon filtration to treat the water that Pennichuck Water supplies. The plant has a rated capacity of 35.0 million gallons per day (mgd). The companys Pennichuck Water utility subsidiary also owns approximately 650 acres of land located in Nashua and Merrimack, New Hampshire that are held for watershed and reservoir purposes. This land is separate and apart from the undeveloped land held principally by Southwood.
The company owns 14 water storage reservoirs having a total storage capacity of 22.3 million gallons, 6 are located in Nashua, 2 in Amherst, and 1 in each of Bedford, Derry, Litchfield, Pelham, Barnstead and Hollis, New Hampshire. It owns a 900,000 gallon per day gravel-packed well located in Amherst, New Hampshire. Pennichuck East has entered into long-term water supply agreements to obtain water from Manchester Water Works and Hudson. It has an agreement with the Town of Hudson that allows it to pump approximately 283,500 gallons per day.
Pittsfield Aqueducts source of water supply for the Town of Pittsfield, New Hampshire is Berry Pond, which holds approximately 97.8 million gallons. Pittsfield Aqueduct owns the land surrounding Berry Pond and it treats the water from this pond through a 0.5 mgd water filtration plant located in the Town of Pittsfield, New Hampshire.
Non-Regulated Water Management Services
Through Service Corporation, the company complements its regulated water utility business by providing contract operation and maintenance services, including monitoring water quality, testing, maintenance and compliance reporting services for water systems for various towns, businesses and residential communities primarily in southern and central New Hampshire.
Municipalities: Service Corporation has entered into a long-term agreement with the Town of Salisbury, Massachusetts and Hudson, New Hampshire to provide operations and maintenance contract services.
Pennichuck Corporation was founded in 1852.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PENNICHUCK CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PENNICHUCK CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PENNICHUCK CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PENNICHUCK CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PENNICHUCK CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pennichuck Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pennichuck Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pennichuck Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pennichuck Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pennichuck Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. PENNICHUCK CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PENNICHUCK CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PENNICHUCK CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PENNICHUCK CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PENNICHUCK CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PENNICHUCK CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pennichuck Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pennichuck Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pennichuck Corp. Major Shareholders
Pennichuck Corp. History
Pennichuck Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pennichuck Corp. Offices and Representations
Pennichuck Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pennichuck Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pennichuck Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Pennichuck Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Pennichuck Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pennichuck Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pennichuck Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pennichuck Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Pennichuck Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Pennichuck Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pennichuck Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pennichuck Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?