- The report contains detailed information about Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. business.
About Osaka Gas Co., Ltd.
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. provides multi-energy services of natural gas, electricity, LPG, district heating/cooling, and other services.
The company divides its operations into five business segments: Gas; LPG, Electricity and Other Energies; Gas Appliances and House-pipe Installation; Real Estate; and Others.
The Gas segment includes Osaka Gas Co., Ltd., Toyooka Energy Co., Ltd., Nabari Kintetsu Gas Co., Ltd., Sasayama-Toshi Gas Co., Ltd., and Shingu Gas Co., Ltd., which are engaged in manufacture, supply, and sales of natural gas. This segment also includes Osaka Gas Customer Relations, Co., Ltd., which performs maintenance checks on gas equipment and appliances, meter-reading, and collection of gas charges. The companys supply area is in the Kansai region with 77 cities and 29 towns in 6 prefectures. Approximately 58,500 kilometers of gas pipelines cover an area of approximately 3,200 square kilometers. It offers a product lineup, ranging from cogeneration systems (CGS) with approximately 5,000 KW of generation capacity to the Gene-Light series of small CGS with generation capacity of 5-35 KW.
LPG, Electricity and Other Energies
The LPG, Electricity and Other Energies segment includes companies, such as Liquid Gas Co., Ltd., which conducts sales of industrial gas and LPG; Osaka Gas LPG Co., Ltd., Nissho Petroleum Gas Corporation, Nissho Propane Sekiyu Corp., and other companies, which sell LPG; Gas and Power Co., Ltd., Nakayama Joint Power Generation Co., Ltd., and Nakayama Nagoya Joint Power Generation Co., Ltd., which supply electric power; and Osaka Gas Energy America Corporation, which carries out surveys and investments related to the energy supply business in the U.S. This segment also includes Osaka Gas International Transport Inc., which is engaged in the LNG transport business; Osaka Gas Summit Resources Co., Ltd., which is engaged in petroleum development; and Osaka Gas Australia Pty. Ltd.
Gas Appliances and House-pipe Installation
The Gas Appliances and House-pipe Installation segment includes companies, such as Osaka Gas Co., Ltd., Enetec Osaka Co., Ltd., Enetec Kyoto Co., Ltd., Osaka Gas Housing & Equipment Co., Ltd., Hearts Co., Ltd., and other companies, which sell housing equipment and gas appliances. Osaka Gas performs the installation of gas pipes at customer sites. Kinpai Co., Ltd. performs the installation of gas pipes under contract with Osaka Gas. OG Road Co., Ltd. handles recycling of excavated soil and other activities related to gas pipe installation.
The Real Estate segment includes companies, such as Urbanex Co., Ltd., OG Capital Co., Ltd., Kyoto Research Park Corp., and Osaka Gas Maison Co., Ltd., which are engaged in development, leasing, management, and sales of real estate. This segment also includes OSC Engineering Co., Ltd. and Osaka Gas Total Facilities Co., Ltd., which provide services, such as operation, management, and maintenance for buildings and facilities.
The Others segment includes Osaka Gas Information System Research Institute Co., Ltd., Sakura Information Systems Co., Ltd., and other companies, which provide a spectrum of software development and computerized information processing services. This segment also includes Osaka Gas Chemicals Co., Ltd., which manufactures and sells fine materials and carbon material products; Japan EnviroChemicals, Ltd., which manufactures and sells activated carbon and wood-protection coatings; Osaka Gas Security Service Co., Ltd., which provides security-related services, such as home security I-rusu and condominium management services, and anti-disaster services; and OG Sports Co., Ltd., which is involved in the operation and management of sports facilities, such as the COSPA fitness centers. Other subsidiaries included in this segment are engaged in leasing and other businesses.
The company's operations also include an engineering business operated by Osaka Gas Engineering Co., Ltd.; a leasing business operated by Osaka Gas Autoservice Co., Ltd. and OGIC Co., Ltd.; facility management business and a temporary staffing business operated by Osaka Gas Business Create Co., Ltd., a retirement home business operated by Active Life Inc., and a wedding ceremony business operated by Planetwork Co., Ltd.
The company's customers include residential, commercial/industrial, and public and medical institutions.
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. was founded in 1897.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. OSAKA GAS CO., LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Major Shareholders
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. History
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Offices and Representations
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?