- The report contains detailed information about NRG Energy, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NRG Energy, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NRG Energy, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NRG Energy, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NRG Energy, Inc. business.
About NRG Energy, Inc.
NRG Energy, Inc. operates as a power generation company. It engages in the ownership, development, construction, and operation of power generation facilities; the transacting in and trading of fuel and transportation services; the trading of energy, capacity, and related products in the United States and internationally; and supply of electricity and energy services to retail electricity customers in the Texas market.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had a total global generation portfolio of 187 active operating fossil fuel and nuclear generation units, at 44 power generation plants, with an aggregate generation capacity of approximately 24,115 MW, and approximately 400 MW under construction which included partner interests of 200 MW. In addition to its fossil fuel plant ownership, it has ownership interests in operating renewable facilities with an aggregate generation capacity of 365 MW, consisting of three wind farms representing an aggregate generation capacity of 345 MW (which includes partner interest of 75 MW) and a solar facility with an aggregate generation capacity of 20 MW.
The company, within the U.S., has diversified power generation portfolios with approximately 23,110 MW of fossil fuel and nuclear generation capacity in 179 active generating units at 42 plants. Its power generation facilities are primarily concentrated in Texas (approximately 11,340 MW, including 345 MW from three wind farms), the Northeast (approximately 7,015 MW), South Central (approximately 2,855 MW), and West (approximately 2,150 MW, including 20 MW from a solar farm) regions of the U.S., with approximately 115 MW of additional generation capacity from the companys thermal assets. In addition, through certain foreign subsidiaries, it has investments in power generation projects located in Australia and Germany with approximately 1,005 MW of generation capacity.
The company's principal domestic power plants consist of a mix of natural gas-, coal-, oil-fired, nuclear, and renewable facilities. Its domestic generation facilities consist of intermittent, baseload, intermediate, and peaking power generation facilities. In May 2009, it acquired Reliant Energy, Inc., which is the electricity provider to residential, small business, commercial, and industrial customers in Texas.
The company operates in the following segments: Reliant Energy; Texas; Northeast; South Central; West; International; and Thermal.
Reliant Energy, as a retail energy provider, arranges for the transmission and delivery of electricity to customers, bills customers, collects payment for electricity sold, and maintains call centers to provide customer service. In addition, Reliant Energy is focused on developing energy solutions including the infrastructure for electric vehicles and tools and services for consumers to manage their energy usage.
Mass: Reliant Energys Mass customer base is made up of approximately 1.5 million residential and small business customers in the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) market with majority of located in the Houston area. Reliant Energy also serves customers in other competitive markets in ERCOT, including the Dallas, Fort Worth, and Corpus Christi areas.
C&I: Reliant Energy markets electricity and energy services to approximately 0.1 million C&I customers in Texas. These customers include refineries, chemical plants, manufacturing facilities, hospitals, universities, commercial real estate, government agencies, restaurants, and other commercial facilities.
The company's major business segment is located in Texas and comprises investments in generation facilities located in the physical control areas of the ERCOT market. As of December 31, 2009, its generation assets in the Texas region consisted of approximately 5,355 MW of baseload generation assets, approximately 345 MW of intermittent wind generation assets, excluding partner interests of 75 MW, in addition to approximately 5,640 MW of intermediate and peaking natural gas-fired assets. As of December 31, 2009, the companys generation facilities in Texas consisted of approximately 1
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NRG ENERGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NRG ENERGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NRG ENERGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NRG ENERGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NRG ENERGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NRG Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NRG Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NRG Energy, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NRG Energy, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NRG Energy, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NRG ENERGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NRG ENERGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NRG ENERGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NRG ENERGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NRG ENERGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NRG ENERGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NRG Energy, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NRG Energy, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NRG Energy, Inc. Major Shareholders
NRG Energy, Inc. History
NRG Energy, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NRG Energy, Inc. Offices and Representations
NRG Energy, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NRG Energy, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NRG Energy, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NRG Energy, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
NRG Energy, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NRG Energy, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NRG Energy, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NRG Energy, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NRG Energy, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NRG Energy, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NRG Energy, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NRG Energy, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?