- The report contains detailed information about Nisource Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nisource Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nisource Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nisource Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nisource Inc. business.
About Nisource Inc.
NiSource Inc., an energy holding company, provides natural gas, electricity, and other products and services. The company offers its products and services to approximately 3.8 million customers located within a corridor that runs from the Gulf Coast through the Midwest to New England.
NiSources principal subsidiaries include Columbia, a vertically-integrated natural gas distribution, transmission and storage holding company whose subsidiaries provide service to customers in the Midwest, the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast; Northern Indiana, a vertically-integrated gas and electric company providing service to customers in northern Indiana; and Bay State, a natural gas distribution company serving customers in Massachusetts.
The companys business segments are: Gas Distribution Operations; Gas Transmission and Storage Operations; and Electric Operations.
Gas Distribution Operations
The companys natural gas distribution operations serve approximately 3.3 million customers in seven states and operate approximately 58 thousand miles of pipeline. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Columbia, NiSource owns five distribution subsidiaries that provide natural gas to approximately 2.2 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Kentucky and Maryland. The company also distributes natural gas to approximately 792 thousand customers in northern Indiana through three subsidiaries: Northern Indiana, Kokomo Gas and Northern Indiana Fuel and Light. Additionally, NiSources subsidiary, Bay State, distributes natural gas to approximately 294 thousand customers in Massachusetts.
Gas Transmission and Storage Operations
The companys Gas Transmission and Storage Operations subsidiaries own and operate approximately 15 thousand miles of interstate pipelines and operate underground natural gas storage systems capable of storing approximately 639 Bcf of natural gas. Through its subsidiaries, Columbia Transmission, Columbia Gulf and Crossroads Pipeline, the company owns and operates an interstate pipeline network extending from the Gulf of Mexico to Lake Erie, New York and the eastern seaboard. Together, these companies serve customers in 16 northeastern, mid-Atlantic, Midwestern, and southern states and the District of Columbia.
The Gas Transmission and Storage Operations subsidiaries are also involved in two joint ventures, Millennium and Hardy Storage, which expand their facilities and throughput. Millennium pipeline includes 182 miles of 30-inch-diameter pipe across New Yorks Southern Tier and lower Hudson Valley and has the capability to transport up to 525,400 Dth per day of natural gas to markets along its route, as well as to the New York City markets through its pipeline interconnections. Millennium is jointly owned by affiliates of NiSource, DTE Energy and National Grid. Hardy Storage has a working storage capacity of 12 Bcf and the ability to deliver 176,000 Dth of natural gas per day. Hardy Storage is a joint venture of subsidiaries of Columbia Transmission and Piedmont.
The company generates, transmits, and distributes electricity through its subsidiary Northern Indiana to approximately 457 thousand customers in 20 counties in the northern part of Indiana and engages in wholesale and transmission transactions. Northern Indiana owns four and operates three coal-fired electric generating stations. The three operating facilities have a net capability of 2,574 mw. Northern Indiana also owns and operates Sugar Creek, a CCGT plant with a 535 mw capacity rating, four gas-fired generating units located at Northern Indianas coal-fired electric generating stations with a net capability of 203 mw and two hydroelectric generating plants with a net capability of 10 mw. These facilities provide for a total system operating net capability of 3,322 mw. Northern Indianas transmission system, with voltages from 69,000 to 345,000 volts, consists of 2,792 circuit miles. Northern Indiana is interconnected with five neighboring electric utilities. Northern Indiana participates in the MISO transmission service and wholesale energy market.
NiSource Finance is a wholly-owned, consolidated finance subsidiary of the company that engages in financing activities to raise funds for the business operations of NiSource and its subsidiaries.
NiSource Inc. was founded in 1912.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NISOURCE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NISOURCE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NISOURCE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NISOURCE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NISOURCE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nisource Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nisource Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nisource Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nisource Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nisource Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NISOURCE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NISOURCE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NISOURCE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NISOURCE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NISOURCE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NISOURCE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nisource Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nisource Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nisource Inc. Major Shareholders
Nisource Inc. History
Nisource Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nisource Inc. Offices and Representations
Nisource Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nisource Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nisource Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nisource Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Nisource Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nisource Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nisource Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nisource Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nisource Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nisource Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nisource Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nisource Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?