- The report contains detailed information about Mine Safety Appliances Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mine Safety Appliances Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mine Safety Appliances Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mine Safety Appliances Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mine Safety Appliances Co. business.
About Mine Safety Appliances Co.
Mine Safety Appliances Company engages in the development, manufacture, and supply of products that protect peoples health and safety.
The company manufactures and sells a line of safety products to protect workers worldwide in the fire service, homeland security, construction, and other industries, as well as the military. It also provides an offering of consumer and contractor safety products through retail channels. The companys products protect people against various hazardous or life-threatening situations.
The companys primary product offering includes self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBAs), gas masks, gas detection instruments, head protection, respirators, thermal imaging cameras, fall protection, and ballistic helmets and body armor. The company also provides an offering of consumer and contractor safety products through retail channels.
Respiratory protection products are used to protect against the harmful effects of contamination caused by dust, gases, fumes, volatile chemicals, sprays, micro-organisms, fibers, and other contaminants. The company offers a line of respiratory protection products.
Self Contained Breathing Apparatus: SCBAs are used by first responders, petrochemical plant workers, and anyone entering an environment deemed immediately dangerous to life and health. SCBAs are also used by first responders to protect against exposure to chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) agents.
Air-purifying respirators: Air-purifying respirators range from the simple, filtering types to powered full-facepiece versions for various hazardous applications, including: full-face gas masks for military personnel and first responders exposed to known and unknown concentrations of hazardous gases, chemicals, vapors, and particulates; half-mask respirators for industrial workers, painters, and construction workers exposed to known concentrations of gases, vapors, and particulates; powered-air purifying respirators for industrial, hazmat, and remediation workers who have longer term exposures to hazards in their work environment; and dust and pollen masks for maintenance workers, contractors, and at-home consumers exposed to nuisance dusts, allergens, and other particulates.
Gas masks: The company supplies gas masks to the U.S. military. Its commercial version of this gas mask, the Millennium, was developed based on the MCU-2/P, the gas mask used by the U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Navy.
Escape hoods: The companys Response Escape Hood is used by law enforcement personnel, government workers, chemical and pharmaceutical workers, and anyone needing to escape from unknown concentrations of a chemical, biological or radiological release of toxic gases and vapors. The hood gives users head and upper neck coverage and respiratory protection to help them escape from threatening situations.
Portable and permanent gas detection instruments:
The companys hand-held and permanent instruments are used to detect the presence or absence of various gases in the air. These instruments can be either hand-held or permanently installed. Typical applications of these instruments include the detection of the lack of oxygen in confined spaces or the presence of combustible or toxic gases.
Single- and multi-gas hand-held detectors: The companys single- and multi-gas detectors provide portable solutions for detecting the presence of oxygen, hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide, and combustible gas, either singularly or all four gases at once. Its hand-held portable instruments are used by chemical workers, oil and gas workers, utility workers entering confined spaces, or anywhere a user needs protection to continuously monitor the quality of the atmosphere they are working in and around.
Multi-point permanently installed gas detection systems: The companys line of gas monitoring systems is used to monitor for combustible and toxic gases and oxygen deficiency in various gas detection applications where continuous monitoring is required. The companys systems are used for gas detection in pulp and paper, refrigerant monitoring, petrochemical, and
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mine Safety Appliances Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mine Safety Appliances Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mine Safety Appliances Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mine Safety Appliances Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mine Safety Appliances Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MINE SAFETY APPLIANCES CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Major Shareholders
Mine Safety Appliances Co. History
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Offices and Representations
Mine Safety Appliances Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mine Safety Appliances Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Mine Safety Appliances Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Mine Safety Appliances Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mine Safety Appliances Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mine Safety Appliances Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?