- The report contains detailed information about Laclede Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Laclede Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Laclede Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Laclede Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Laclede Group Inc. business.
About Laclede Group Inc.
The Laclede Group, Inc., a public utility holding company, provides natural gas service through its regulated utility operations.
Regulated Gas Distribution segment
The Regulated Gas Distribution segment includes the regulated operations of Laclede Gas Company (Laclede Gas or the Utility), Laclede Groups primary subsidiary and core business unit. Laclede Gas is a public utility engaged in the retail distribution and sale of natural gas. Laclede Gas is the natural gas distribution utility in Missouri, serving approximately 630,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers in the City of St. Louis and parts of 10 counties in eastern Missouri.
Natural Gas Supply: The Utility focuses its gas supply portfolio around natural gas suppliers with equity ownership or control of assets situated to complement Lacledes regionally diverse firm transportation arrangements. Laclede Gas utilizes both Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast gas sources to provide a level of supply diversity.
In 2010, Laclede Gas purchased natural gas from 30 different suppliers to meet gas sales and storage injection requirements. Natural gas purchased by Laclede Gas for delivery to its utility service area through the Mississippi River Transmission Corporation (MRT) system totaled 62.2 billion cubic feet (Bcf). The Utility also holds firm transportation on various other interstate pipeline systems that provide access to gas supplies upstream of MRT. In addition to deliveries from MRT, 7.9 Bcf of gas was purchased on the Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company system, and 10.1 Bcf on the Southern Star Central Pipeline system. The Utilitys commercial and industrial customers purchased their own gas and delivered 15.0 Bcf to them through Utilitys distribution system.
Underground Natural Gas Storage: Laclede Gas has a contractual right to store approximately 23.1 Bcf of gas in MRTs storage facility located in Unionville, Louisiana. MRTs tariffs allow injections into storage from May 16 through November 15 and require the withdrawal from storage of all but 2.2 Bcf from November 16 through May 15. In addition, Laclede Gas supplements flowing pipeline gas with natural gas withdrawn from its own underground storage field located in St. Louis and St. Charles Counties in Missouri. The field is designed to provide 0.30 Bcf of natural gas withdrawals on a peak day and annual withdrawals of approximately 4 Bcf of gas based on the inventory level that Laclede plans to maintain.
Non-Regulated Gas Marketing segment
The Non-Regulated Gas Marketing segment includes Laclede Energy Resources, Inc. (LER), a wholly-owned subsidiary engaged in the marketing of natural gas and related activities on a non-regulated basis. LER markets natural gas to both on-system Utility transportation customers and customers outside of Laclede Gas traditional service territory, including retail and wholesale customers.
As of September 30, 2010, LER utilized 13 interstate pipelines and approximately 80 suppliers to market natural gas to its customers, including retail and wholesale customers primarily in the Midwest. LER served approximately 150 retail customers and approximately 100 wholesale customers. Through its retail operations, LER offers natural gas marketing services to industrial customers, while its wholesale business consists of buying and selling natural gas to other marketers, producers, utilities, power generators, pipelines, and municipalities.
Laclede Pipeline Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laclede Group, operates a pipeline under Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) jurisdiction that connects the propane storage and vaporization facilities of Laclede Gas to third-party propane supply terminal facilities located in Illinois, which allows Laclede Gas to receive propane that is vaporized to supplement its natural gas supply and meet demands on its distribution system. Laclede Pipeline also provides transportation services to third parties.
Laclede Investment LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Laclede Group, invests in other enterprises and has made loans to various joint ventures engaged in real estate development.
Laclede Gas Family Services, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Laclede Energy Resources, Inc., is a registered insurance agency in the State of Missouri.
Laclede Development Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laclede Group, participates in real estate development, primarily through joint ventures.
Laclede Venture Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laclede Development Company, offers services for the compression of natural gas to third parties who desire to use or to sell compressed natural gas for use in vehicles.
The Laclede Group, Inc. was founded in 1857.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LACLEDE GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LACLEDE GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LACLEDE GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LACLEDE GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LACLEDE GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Laclede Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Laclede Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Laclede Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Laclede Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Laclede Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. LACLEDE GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LACLEDE GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LACLEDE GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LACLEDE GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LACLEDE GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LACLEDE GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Laclede Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Laclede Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Laclede Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Laclede Group Inc. History
Laclede Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Laclede Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Laclede Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Laclede Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Laclede Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Laclede Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Laclede Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Laclede Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Laclede Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Laclede Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Laclede Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Laclede Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Laclede Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Laclede Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?