- The report contains detailed information about Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA business.
About Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas S.A., through its subsidiary, Aguas Andinas S.A, engages in the processes of catchment of raw water; the production, transportation, and distribution of water; and the collection, treatment, and final disposal of sewage primarily in Chile. It also provides sanitation services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
The concession areas of Aguas Andinas S.A. and its subsidiaries cover approximately 70 thousand hectares in the basin of Santiago and another approximately of 67 thousand hectares in the provinces of Valdivia, Ranco, Osorno, Llanquihue, Chiloé, and Palena in the south of Chile.
The sanitation subsidiaries of the company include Aguas Andinas S.A., Aguas Cordillera S.A., Aguas Manquehue S.A., and (Empresa de Servicios Sanitarios De Los Lagos) ESSAL.
The companys subsidiaries include companies that are complementary to the sanitation industry and provide environmental services for the general industry. The nonregulated companies include:
EcoRiles: EcoRiles provides advisory and management services in environmental processes and problems related to industrial liquid waste.
Gestión y Servicios: Gestión y Servicios sells materials and solutions for the sanitation industry, and offers services related to the integral water cycle. Its principal customers include construction and property development companies, and installers of sanitation and basic services. It carried out projects in 2008, including the construction of the biogas plant at La Farfana.
Anam: Anam environmental laboratory engages in the sampling and analysis of water, sludge, soil, and air, accredited under national standards and the requirements appropriate to the laboratory network of the Agbar Group.
The catchment process engages in the catchment of the raw water needed to cover customers demand for water.
The production of water includes the purification of the water to make it suitable for human consumption. The principal water production plants in the Santiago basin are the Las Vizcachas complex and La Florida plant.
The transportation and distribution of water includes regulation tanks and a network of underground pipes that extend to approximately 13,041 kilometers in the Metropolitan Region and approximately 1,804 kilometers in the 10th and 14th Regions, permitting water coverage for both concession areas.
The collection of sewage is the process of evacuation of used water to the sanitation plants or final disposal points, by sewers.
Sewage treatment includes purifying used water through chemical and physical processes carried out at modern sanitation plants. The sanitation subsidiaries have two treatment plants in Santiago (El Trebal and La Farfana), another nine local installations and three in the north-east of Greater Santiago.
As of December 31, 2008, it provided water services to approximately 1,646,622 customers and sewage services to 1,618,624 customers; operated a water distribution network of approximately 13,041 kilometers; and offered sanitation services to approximately 5.6 million residents of the Metropolitan region and it served approximately 600 thousand people in the regions De Los Lagos and De Los Ríos.
In 2008 the subsidiary, Aguas Andinas S.A. acquired a 53.5% in Empresa de Servicios Sanitarios De Los Lagos (ESSAL) and the subsidiaries Aguas Cordillera S.A. and Aguas Los Dominicos S.A. were merged, with the former absorbing the latter.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Industry Position Analysis
6. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHILE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INVERSIONES AGUAS METROPOLITANAS SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Major Shareholders
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA History
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Offices and Representations
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Capital Market Snapshot
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA 1-year Stock Charts
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA 5-year Stock Charts
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Inversiones Aguas Metropolitanas SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?