- The report contains detailed information about Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. business.
About Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd.
The Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited engages in the production, distribution, and marketing of gas and water and related activities in Hong Kong and the Peoples Republic of China (the PRC). The company is also engaged in property development and investment activities in Hong Kong.
The companys mainland business invests in gas projects, and develops energy projects through its wholly-owned subsidiary, ECO Environmental Investments Limited. As of December 31, 2008, its total mainland operations, ranging from piped city-gas projects, upstream and midstream operations, new energy developments to water businesses, consisted of 86 projects and ventures in 18 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions across the country.
The companys development of downstream energy businesses mainly focuses on piped city-gas projects. The company, in 2008, established a joint venture for developing piped city-gas projects in various regions of Hainan province. In 2008, the company also established piped citygas projects in the Dalian Economic and Technical Development Zone and in Changxingdao, Dalian in Liaoning province. The company has 71 piped city-gas projects, including those of Towngas China, in mainland cities spread across 15 provinces / municipalities.
The companys midstream natural gas projects include high pressure natural gas pipeline joint ventures in Anhui province, Hebei province and Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, and a joint venture that invests in the construction of natural gas pipelines and the exploitation of gas fields in Jilin province.
The company operates water supply projects in Wujiang, Jiangsu province and in Wuhu, Anhui province, and manages an integrated water supply and wastewater joint venture in Suzhou Industrial Park, Jiangsu province. The company has 86 projects spread across 18 provinces / municipalities / autonomous regions, encompassing upstream, midstream and downstream natural gas sectors (including piped city-gas projects of Towngas China), the water supply and wastewater treatment sector, natural gas filling stations, and energy projects.
Towngas China Company Limited
The company has a 45.63 percent interest in Towngas China. Towngas China established a piped city-gas joint venture during the year 2008 both in Huangshan city, Anhui province and in the Jinhai Economic Zone in Shenyang, Liaoning province.
An overall total of approximately 1.17 million square feet of the Grand Waterfront property development project, located at the Ma Tau Kok south plant site, had been sold, as of December 31, 2008, representing approximately 95 percent of the total residential floor area of the project.
The company has a 50 percent interest in the Grand Promenade property development project at Sai Wan Ho. An overall total of approximately 1.67 million square feet had been sold, as of December 31, 2008, representing approximately 95 percent of the total residential floor area of the project.
The company has an approximately 15.8 percent interest in the IFC complex. The project includes hotel complex, comprising the Four Seasons Hotel and Four Seasons Place.
The Hong Kong Gas Business
As of December 31, 2008, the company had approximately 1,672,084 customers. The companys North Eastern New Territories landfill gas utilization project converts landfill gas into a methane-based fuel, which is used in its gas production process. This project cuts carbon dioxide emissions by approximately 135,000 tonnes a year.
The companys Eastern Transmission Pipeline Project, consisting of 24 km of high pressure pipeline from Ma On Shan via Sai Kung to East Kowloon, was completed during the year 2008.
Towngas Telecommunications Fixed Network Limited (TGT) offers telecommunication infrastructure services to telecom carriers, service providers and corporations. Its services are installed using either glass-in-gas (GIG) or glass-along gas (GAG) techniques.
Towngas TelChina (Shandong) Company Limited, a joint venture, invests in the development of telecommunication infrastructure projects in the province. It operates in partnership with Beijing CHIBO Information Engineering Company Limited, owned primarily by the Peoples Bank of China; Hitachi Limited; and CL Technology Investment Company Limited.
U-Tech Engineering Company Limited (U-Tech) carries out utility installation projects for the government, utility companies and property developers.
The Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited was founded in 1862.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HONG KONG AND CHINA GAS CO., LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Major Shareholders
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. History
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Offices and Representations
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hong Kong And China Gas Co., Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?