- The report contains detailed information about Healthcare Services Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Healthcare Services Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Healthcare Services Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Healthcare Services Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Healthcare Services Group Inc. business.
About Healthcare Services Group Inc.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides housekeeping, laundry, linen, facility maintenance, and dietary services to the health care industry, including nursing homes, retirement complexes, rehabilitation centers, and hospitals located throughout the United States. As of December 31, 2009, the company provided services to approximately 2,300 facilities in 47 states.
The company operates in two segments, Housekeeping, Laundry, Linen, and Other Services (Housekeeping); and Dietary Services (Dietary).
The Housekeeping segment consists primarily of the cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing of patient rooms and common areas of a clients facility, as well as the laundering and processing of the personal clothing belonging to the facilitys patients. Also within the scope of this segments service is the laundering and processing of the bed linens, uniforms and other assorted linen items utilized by a client facility.
Housekeeping services: This service involves cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing resident areas in its clients facilities. In providing services to any given client facility, the company typically hires and trains the hourly employees employed by such facility prior to its engagement.
Laundry and linen services: Laundry services involve the laundering and processing of the residents personal clothing. The company provides laundry services to its housekeeping clients. Linen services involve providing, laundering and processing of the sheets, pillow cases, blankets, towels, uniforms, and assorted linen items used by its clients facilities. At facilities that utilize its laundry and linen services, the company installs its own equipment.
Maintenance and other services: Maintenance services consist of repair and maintenance of laundry equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as well as carpentry and painting.
Laundry installation sales: The company (as a distributor of laundry equipment) sells laundry installations to its clients which generally represent the construction and installation of a turn-key operation.
The Dietary segment consists primarily of development of a menu that meets the residents dietary needs; purchasing and preparing the food to assure that residents receive an appetizing meal; and participation in monitoring the residents on-going nutritional status through providing dietician consulting professional services. The company also offers consulting services to facilities to assist them in cost containment and improve their dietary department service operations.
The company's major client is GGNSC Holdings LLC (doing business as Golden Horizons).
In April 2009, the company executed an asset purchase agreement to acquire essentially all of the assets of Contract Environmental Services, Inc. (CES), a South Carolina based corporation, which is a provider of professional housekeeping, laundry and dietary services to long-term care and related facilities.
In March 2009, the company sold its wholly-owned subsidiary, HCSG Supply, Inc.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. was founded in 1976.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Healthcare Services Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Healthcare Services Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Healthcare Services Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Healthcare Services Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Healthcare Services Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HEALTHCARE SERVICES GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Healthcare Services Group Inc. History
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Healthcare Services Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Commercial Services and Supplies Industry Statistics
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Healthcare Services Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Healthcare Services Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Healthcare Services Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Healthcare Services Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Healthcare Services Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?