- The report contains detailed information about Guangdong Investment Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Guangdong Investment Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Guangdong Investment Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Guangdong Investment Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Guangdong Investment Ltd. business.
About Guangdong Investment Ltd.
Guangdong Investment Limited engages in investment holding, property holding and investment, investing in infrastructure and energy projects, water supply business, highway operations, electric power generation, financing, hotel ownership and operations, property development, toll roads and bridges construction, hotel management, and department stores operation. The company is a subsidiary of GDH Limited.
The companys segments include Property Investment and Development; Toll Roads and Bridges; Water Distribution; Electric Power Generation; Hotel Operations and Management; and Department Stores.
Property Investment and Development segment invests in various properties in Hong Kong and Mainland China that are held for rental income purposes, and engages in the development of properties in Mainland China. This segment also provides property management services for certain commercial properties; and rents a shopping mall, including department stores, as well as two tower blocks.
Toll Roads and Bridges segment invests in various road and bridge projects in Mainland China.
Water Distribution segment operates a water supply project in Mainland China supplying natural water to Hong Kong, Dongguan, and Shenzhen.
Electric Power Generation segment operates coal-fire power plants that supply electricity in the Guangdong Province, Mainland China.
Hotel Operations and Management segment operates hotels in Hong Kong and Mainland China. As of 31 December 2008, this segment managed 34 hotels, including 2 in Hong Kong, 1 in Macau, and 31 in Mainland China.
Department Stores segment operates department stores in Mainland China.
The companys interest in the holding company of the Dongshen Water Supply Project is 99%. The designed annual capacity of water supply is 2.423 billion cubic meters.
ELECTRIC POWER GENERATION
Shaoguan Power Plant D (Shaoguan PPD)
The companys interest in Shaoguan PPD is 45.9% (Guangdong Power (International) Limited (GPIL), which is a 51% owned subsidiary of the company, holding a 90% interest in the project). Shaoguan PPD has 1 power unit with installed capacity of 200 MW. The sales of electricity for the 2008, reached 1,130 million kwh.
Zhongshan Power Plant
The companys interest in Zhongshan Power Plant is 59.85% (a 95% owned subsidiary of the company holding a 63% interest in the project). Zhongshan Power Plant has 2 power units with a total installed capacity of 110 MW. Sales of electricity for 2008 reached 603 million kwh.
Yue Jiang Power Plant (Guangdong Shaoguan Yue Jiang Power Supply Limited)
The companys interest in Yue Jiang Power Plant is 11.48% (Shaoguan PPD holding 25% interest in this project). Yue Jiang Power Plant has 2 power units with a total installed capacity of 600 MW. Sales of electricity for 2008 amounted to 2,836 million kwh.
Meixian Power Plant
The companys interest in Meixian Power Plant is 12.25% (a 49% associate of the company, Guangdong Power Investment Limited, holding a 25% interest in the project). The Meixian Power Plant has 4 power units with a total installed capacity of 520MW.
TOLL ROADS AND BRIDGES
1 Road and 2 Bridges
The companys 51% owned jointly-controlled entity (the JCE) holds interests in the 1 Road and 2 Bridges project.
Humen Bridge: The company has 23% interest in Humen Bridge. The average daily traffic flow of this bridge is 62,825 vehicle trips.
Shantou Haiwan Bridge: The JCE holds a 30% interest in this project. The average daily traffic flow of this bridge is 13,258 vehicle trips.
Guangzhou-Shantou Highway (Huizhou Section): The JCE holds a 51% interest in this project. The average daily traffic flow of this highway is 15,105 vehicle trips.
Yingkeng Highway: The companys interest in this project is 70%. The average daily traffic flow of this highway is 3,572 vehicle trips.
Panyu Bridge: the companys interest in this project is 32%. The average daily traffic flow of this bridge is 54,690 vehicle trips.
Teem Plaza: The company holds an equity interest of 75.89% in Guangdong Teem (Holdings) Limited, which owns the Teem Plaza comprising a shopping mall and two tower blocks.
The Teemall, a shopping mall in the premier area of Guangzhou, has a total gross floor area and lettable area of approximately 160,000 square meters and 96,500 square meters.
The East Tower (Teem Tower) is a 45-storey A-class office tower, with a total gross floor area and lettable area of approximately 102,000 square meters and 90,000 square meters.
Guangdong Investment Tower: The average occupancy rate at the Guangdong Investment Tower for 2008 was 100%.
The company holds equity interest of 85.05% in Guangdong Teemall Department Stores, Ltd. (GDTDS) for the operation of department stores. GDTDS operates with a total leased area of approximately 37,500 square meters selling a range of products in Guangzhou.
HOTEL OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
As of 31 December 2008, the companys hotel management team managed 34 hotels, of which 2 were in Hong Kong, 1 in Macau and 31 in Mainland China. Of these 34 hotels, 9 were owned by it (2 in Hong Kong, 4 in Shenzhen, 1 in Zhuhai, 1 in Zhengzhou, and 1 in Changzhou). It also operated a chain of limited service hotels for travelers in Mainland China.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Guangdong Investment Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Guangdong Investment Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Guangdong Investment Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Guangdong Investment Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Guangdong Investment Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GUANGDONG INVESTMENT LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Major Shareholders
Guangdong Investment Ltd. History
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Offices and Representations
Guangdong Investment Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Guangdong Investment Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Guangdong Investment Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Guangdong Investment Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Guangdong Investment Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Guangdong Investment Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?