- The report contains detailed information about DTE Energy Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DTE Energy Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DTE Energy Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DTE Energy Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DTE Energy Co. business.
About DTE Energy Co.
DTE Energy Company engages in the electric and natural gas utility businesses in Michigan.
The Electric Utility segment comprises The Detroit Edison Company (Detroit Edison), which engages in the generation, purchase, distribution and sale of electricity to approximately 2.1 million customers in southeastern Michigan. Electricity is generated from its fossil plants, a hydroelectric pumped storage plant and a nuclear plant, and is purchased from electricity generators, suppliers and wholesalers. The electricity it produces and purchases is sold to four major classes of customers: residential, commercial, industrial, and wholesale, principally throughout Michigan.
Detroit Edison owns and operates 677 distribution substations with a capacity of approximately 33,347,000 kilovolt-amperes (kVA) and approximately 423,600 line transformers with a capacity of approximately 21,883,000 kVA.
The Gas Utility segment comprises Michigan Consolidated Gas Company (MichCon) and Citizens Gas Fuel Company (Citizens). MichCon is engaged in the purchase, storage, transmission, distribution and sale of natural gas to approximately 1.2 million customers throughout Michigan. Citizens is a gas utility that distributes natural gas in Adrian, Michigan to approximately 17,000 customers.
Gas sales: Includes the sale and delivery of natural gas primarily to residential and small-volume commercial and industrial customers.
End user transportation: Gas delivery service provided primarily to commercial and industrial customers. Additionally, the service is provided to residential customers, and small-volume commercial and industrial customers who have elected to participate in its Customer Choice program. End user transportation customers purchase natural gas directly from producers or brokers and utilize its pipeline network to transport the gas to their facilities or homes.
Intermediate transportation: Gas delivery service provided to producers, brokers and other gas companies that own the natural gas, but are not the ultimate consumers. Intermediate transportation customers utilize its gathering and high-pressure transmission system to transport the gas to storage fields, processing plants, pipeline interconnections or other locations.
Storage and other: Includes gas storage, appliance maintenance, facility development and other energy-related services.
The company owns distribution, transmission and storage properties that are located in the State of Michigan. Its distribution system includes approximately 19,000 miles of distribution mains, approximately 1,177,000 service lines and approximately 1,312,000 active meters. The company owns approximately 2,100 miles of transmission lines that deliver natural gas to the distribution districts and interconnect its storage fields with the sources of supply and the market areas. It owns properties relating to four underground natural gas storage fields with an aggregate working gas storage capacity of approximately 132 Bcf. It owns 666 miles of transportation and gathering (non-utility) pipelines in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan.
The Non-Utility segment engages in gas pipelines and storage; unconventional gas exploration, development, and production; power and industrial projects and coal transportation and marketing; and energy marketing and trading operations.
Gas Midstream owns partnership interests in two interstate transmission pipelines and two natural gas storage fields. The pipeline and storage assets are primarily supported by long-term, fixed-price revenue contracts. The company has a partnership interest in Vector Pipeline (Vector), an interstate transmission pipeline, which connects Michigan to Chicago and Ontario. It also holds partnership interests in Millennium Pipeline Company which indirectly connects southern New York State to Upper Midwest/Canadian supply, while providing transportation service into the New York City markets. The company has storage assets in Michigan capable of storing up to 90 Bcf in natural gas storage fields located in Southeast Michigan. The Washingto
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DTE ENERGY CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DTE ENERGY CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DTE ENERGY CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DTE ENERGY CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DTE ENERGY CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DTE Energy Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DTE Energy Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DTE Energy Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DTE Energy Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DTE Energy Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. DTE ENERGY CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DTE ENERGY CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DTE ENERGY CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DTE ENERGY CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DTE ENERGY CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DTE ENERGY CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DTE Energy Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DTE Energy Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DTE Energy Co. Major Shareholders
DTE Energy Co. History
DTE Energy Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DTE Energy Co. Offices and Representations
DTE Energy Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DTE Energy Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DTE Energy Co. Capital Market Snapshot
DTE Energy Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
DTE Energy Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DTE Energy Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DTE Energy Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DTE Energy Co. 1-year Stock Charts
DTE Energy Co. 5-year Stock Charts
DTE Energy Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DTE Energy Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DTE Energy Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?