- The report contains detailed information about DPL Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DPL Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DPL Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DPL Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DPL Inc. business.
About DPL Inc.
DPL Inc. operates as a regional electric energy and utility company in the United States. The company, through its subsidiary, The Dayton Power and Light Company (DP&L), engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in west central Ohio.
DP&L sells electricity to residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental customers in a 6,000 square mile area of west central Ohio. Electricity for DP&Ls 24 county service area is primarily generated at eight coal-fired power plants and is distributed to approximately 500,000 retail customers.
The companys principal industries served include automotive, food processing, paper, plastic, manufacturing, and defense. DP&L sells any excess energy and capacity into the wholesale market. DP&L also sells electricity to DPL Energy Resources, Inc. (DPLER), an affiliate, to satisfy the electric requirements of its retail customers.
The companys other subsidiaries (which are wholly-owned) include DPL Energy, LLC (DPLE), which engages in the operation of peaking generating facilities and sells power in wholesale markets; DPLER, which sells retail electric energy under contract to major industrial and commercial customers in west central Ohio; and Miami Valley Insurance Company (MVIC), which is its captive insurance company that provides insurance to the company and its subsidiaries.
Electric Operations and Fuel Supply
As of December 31, 2009, the company's summer generating capacity, including peaking units, was approximately 3,794 MW. Of this capacity, approximately 2,827 MW is derived from coal-fired steam generating stations and the balance of approximately 967 MW consists of combustion turbine and diesel peaking units. DP&Ls summer generating capacity, including peaking units, is approximately 3,249 MW. Of this capacity, approximately 2,827 MW is derived from coal-fired steam generating stations and the balance of approximately 422 MW consists of combustion turbine and diesel peaking units. DP&L also owns a 4.9% equity ownership interest in Ohio Valley Electric Corporation (OVEC), an electric generating company. OVEC has two plants in Cheshire, Ohio and Madison, Indiana with a combined generation capacity of approximately 2,265 MW. DP&Ls share of this generation capacity is approximately 111 MW.
DPL Inc. was founded in 1985.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DPL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DPL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DPL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DPL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DPL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DPL Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DPL Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DPL Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DPL Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DPL Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DPL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DPL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DPL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DPL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DPL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DPL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DPL Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DPL Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DPL Inc. Major Shareholders
DPL Inc. History
DPL Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DPL Inc. Offices and Representations
DPL Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DPL Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DPL Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
DPL Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
DPL Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DPL Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DPL Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DPL Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
DPL Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
DPL Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DPL Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DPL Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?