- The report contains detailed information about Companhia Paranaense de Energia that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Companhia Paranaense de Energia. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Companhia Paranaense de Energia financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Companhia Paranaense de Energia competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Companhia Paranaense de Energia business.
About Companhia Paranaense de Energia
Companhia Paranaense de Energia COPEL, through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in Brazil. The company also provides telecommunications and other services.
The company holds concessions to distribute electricity in approximately 98.5% of the 399 municipalities in the State of Parana and in the municipality of Porto Uniao in the State of Santa Catarina. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned and operated 1,942.0 kilometers of transmission lines and 179,351.1 kilometers of distribution lines, constituting the distribution networks in Brazil.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 17 hydroelectric plants and 1 thermoelectric plant, with an installed capacity of 4,549.6 megawatts. The company produces electricity through its hydroelectric plants.
Transmission and Distribution
The companys transmission system consists of all its assets of approximately 230 kV and a small portion of its 69 kV and 138 kV assets, which are used to transmit the electricity it generates and the energy it receives from other sources. In addition to using its transmission lines to provide energy to customers in the State of Parana, the company also transmits energy through the Interconnected Transmission System.
The companys distribution system consists of a network of overhead lines and substations with voltages up to 138 kV. As of December 31, 2008, the company provided electricity in a geographic area encompassing approximately 98% of the State of Parana and served approximately 3.6 million customers.
The companys distribution network includes 179,351 km of distribution lines, 340,882 distribution transformers and 236 distribution substations of 34.5 kV each. It has 33 customers who are directly supplied with energy at a high voltage (69 kV) through connections to its distribution lines.
Copel Telecomunicacoes S.A. provides corporate telecommunication services with in the State of Parana and international long-distance services. In addition to its commercial services, the company also has been involved in an educational project provides public elementary and middle school students in the State of Parana with broadband Internet access.
The company provides services to most of the Brazilian telecommunication companies that operate in the State of Parana. The company has 720 clients, which also include supermarkets, universities, banks, Internet service providers and television networks. The company also provides different telecommunication services to its subsidiaries
Sercomtel: The company owns 45.0% of the stock of Sercomtel Telecomunicacoes S.A. and Sercomtel Celular S.A. (together, Sercomtel). Sercomtel holds concessions to provide fixed and mobile telephone services in the municipalities of Londrina and Tamarana in the State of Parana and has obtained ANATELs authorization to provide telephone services to all other cities in the State of Parana. Sercomtel operates under an authorization regime in the cities of Cambe, Ibipora and Araponga.
As of December 31, 2009, Sercomtel Telecomunicacoes, in its concessions area for fixed telephone services, had a total of 179,443 telephone lines installed, of which 160,037 were in operation. As of December 31, 2009, Sercomtel Celular had an installed capacity of 3,328 terminals in its TDMA system, of which 3,087 were in operation, as well as an installed capacity of 102,623 terminals in its GSM system, of which 79,875 were in operation. In 2009, Sercomtel started providing 3G services with a capacity of 20,000 lines, of which 2,162 are installed.
Water and Sewage
The company owns 45% of Domino Holdings S.A. (Domino Holding), which in turn owns 34.7% of the voting stock of Companhia de Saneamento do Parana Sanepar (Sanepar), a public utility company that provides 345 urban and rural municipalities and approximately 8.8 million people in the State of Paraná with water distribution services and 5.1 million with sewage services. The State of Parana owns 60% of Sanepar.
The company engages in the distribution of natural gas through Companhia Paranaense de Gas (Compagas), the company that holds the exclusive rights to supply piped gas in the State of Parana. Compagas customers include industries, thermoelectric plants, cogeneration plants, businesses, gas stations and residences. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned 51.0% of the capital stock of Compagas.
The company operates under concessions granted by the Brazilian government for its generation, transmission and distribution businesses. The company acts as concessionaires or as independent producers.
The company serves industrial, residential, commercial, and rural and other customers.
The companys major supplier is Itaipu Binaciona
Companhia Paranaense de Energia-COPEL was founded in 1954.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Companhia Paranaense de Energia Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Companhia Paranaense de Energia and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Companhia Paranaense de Energia and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Companhia Paranaense de Energia Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Companhia Paranaense de Energia Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPANHIA PARANAENSE DE ENERGIA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Major Shareholders
Companhia Paranaense de Energia History
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Offices and Representations
Companhia Paranaense de Energia SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Capital Market Snapshot
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Companhia Paranaense de Energia 1-year Stock Charts
Companhia Paranaense de Energia 5-year Stock Charts
Companhia Paranaense de Energia vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Companhia Paranaense de Energia vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Companhia Paranaense de Energia Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?