- The report contains detailed information about Centrica plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Centrica plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Centrica plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Centrica plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Centrica plc business.
About Centrica plc
Centrica plc operates as an integrated energy company in the United Kingdom, North America, and Europe.
British Gas Residential: British Gas Residential operates as an energy supplier in Britains domestic market. It operates in England under the British Gas brand name, in Wales as British Gas/Nwy Prydain and as Scottish Gas in Scotland. It also offers a range of complementary home services.
British Gas Services: British Gas Services engages in the installation and maintenance of domestic central heating and gas appliances in Britain. It also provides maintenance and breakdown services for electrical white goods, home wiring and, through its Dyno brand, drains, plumbing and home security services.
British Gas Business: British Gas Business supplies energy to businesses, dedicated to the needs of small to medium-sized customers through to large industrial and commercial users in Britain.
British Gas New Energy: British Gas New Energy supplies the low-carbon and energy efficient products and services in the United Kingdom. It supplies and installs a range of microgeneration technologies, including solar thermal, wind turbines and ground source heat pumps. It provides energy efficiency products, such as loft and cavity wall insulation, in the U.K.
The company sources gas and electricity from its own production and from third parties, mainly to supply British Gas Residential. The company's activities include: upstream gas production, development and exploration; electricity generation; renewable asset operations and development; wholesale and industrial gas sales; and energy procurement optimization and scheduling. In addition, the company manages gas transportation and shipping services through the U.K.-Continent Interconnector pipeline between Bacton on the Norfolk coast and Zeebrugge in Belgium.
Centrica Energi Norway: Centrica Energi is a Norwegian exploration and production business securing energy for British Gas customers. The company has interests in six exploration blocks in the Norwegian Sea and northern North Sea, three of which are operated.
Centrica Storage: Centrica Storage owns and operates a gas storage facility in the United Kingdom. The company sells gas storage and other services to a range of gas market participants, including Centrica Energy.
Dyno offers drain cleaning services, plumbing and lock fitting services in the U.K. The Dyno Group is part of British Gas. It operates through a network of franchises covering all of the U.K. and Ireland. Dyno-Rod Drain services offers drain-cleaning service in the U.K. Services include: clearing blockages; CCTV drain inspections surveys; drain repairs; and pipework installations.
Dyno-Secure Lock and Security services is wholly owned by the Dyno Group and specializes in: gaining entry to buildings and cars; replacing/fitting locks and grilles; and on-site cutting and safe opening.
Dyno-Rod Plumbing services provides a specialist plumbing service, including: fixing burst and leaking pipework; washing machine and dishwasher installations; and repair of ball valves, water tanks and cisterns.
Direct Energy operates as an energy and energy-related services provider in North America. It owns and operates approximately 3,000 natural gas wells in Alberta, while in Texas it has three gas-fired power plants and power purchase agreements totaling 813megawatts of wind power.
Mass Markets Energy: It includes sales of natural gas and electricity to residential and small commercial customers.
Direct Energy Business: It includes energy sales to medium- and large-sized businesses, government, public institutions and national accounts.
Wholesale Energy:It includes commodity procurement, natural gas production, power generation, wind PPAs, midstream gas storage and transportation, and proprietary trading.
Home and Business Services: It includes HVAC (household ventilation and air conditioning), plumbing, home improvements, water heater and electrical appliance services for residential customers; and HVAC, building automation, facility maintenance and energy management consulting services for commercial, institutional and industrial customers.
Centrica in Europe
Centrica Energía S.L. Spain: Centrica Energía supplies energy and related services to companies in Spain. Centrica Energía S.L., a wholly owned subsidiary of Centrica, focuses on electricity supply to businesses and supplying gas to cogenerators. The company offers a range of energy management services to renewable generators and other cogenerators. It also developed energy consultancy services, ranging from solar energy to CO2 emission.
Centrica Energie GmbH Germany: Centrica Energie supplies energy to the German commercial supply market. The operation is based in Düsseldorf and sells energy products and services to utilities and industrial customers. Germany is the largest energy market in Europe.
Oxxio: Oxxio supplies gas and electricity to residential and small business customers in the Netherlands. Through Oxxio, Centrica supplies energy in The Netherlands.
The company has joint venture interests in Braes of Doune Wind Farm (Scotland) Limited and Barrow Offshore Wind Limited for renewable power generation; and Segebel SA for energy supply.
In November 2009, the company sold its majority holding in its Belgian business, SPE SA, which was a joint venture supplying gas and electricity in Belgium.
Centrica plc was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CENTRICA PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CENTRICA PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CENTRICA PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CENTRICA PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CENTRICA PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Centrica plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Centrica plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Centrica plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Centrica plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Centrica plc Industry Position Analysis
6. CENTRICA PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CENTRICA PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CENTRICA PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CENTRICA PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CENTRICA PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CENTRICA PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Centrica plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Centrica plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Centrica plc Major Shareholders
Centrica plc History
Centrica plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Centrica plc Offices and Representations
Centrica plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Centrica plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Centrica plc Capital Market Snapshot
Centrica plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Centrica plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Centrica plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Centrica plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Centrica plc 1-year Stock Charts
Centrica plc 5-year Stock Charts
Centrica plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Centrica plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Centrica plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?