- The report contains detailed information about Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. business.
About Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A.
Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. Eletrobras primarily engages in the generation, distribution, transmission, and commercialization of electric power; and construction and operation of nuclear power plants in Brazil.
The company also assists Brazil's ministry of energy and mines in designing the country's policy for the energy sector; provides guarantees and acquires debentures of companies and holders of public electric power services; grants loans and guarantees for technical and scientific research institutions; promotes and supports research in the power sector in connection with the generation, transmission, and distribution of electric power, as well as studies involving the exploitation of watershed for various purposes; contributes to the education of technical staff and qualified workers required by the Brazilian electric power sector through specialized training programs or assists national educational institutions or provides scholarships or signs agreements with foreign institutions that promote the development of specialized technical personnel; and cooperates technically and administratively with companies in which it holds interests and with the agency of the ministry of mining and energy.
The company is responsible for managing sectoral resources represented by RGR (Global Reversal Reserve), CDE (Energy Development Account), UBP (Use of Public Assets), CCC (Fuel Consumption Account), which finance the Government programs LUZ PARA TODOS (Universalization of the Access to Electric Power), RELUZ (National Program for Efficient Public Lighting) and PROCEL (National Electric Power Preservation Program) and the fossil fuels used in the isolated power generating systems.
The company also manages PROINFA (Incentive Program for Alternative Sources of Electric Power), a program of the Federal Government that aims to improve the diversification of the Brazilian energy model and search for regional solutions based on renewable electric power sources produced by independent agents, available input and applicable technology.
The company is the majority stockholder of Furnas Centrais Elétricas S.A. FURNAS, Centrais Elétricas do Norte do Brasil S.A. ELETRONORTE, Companhia Hidro-Elétrica do São Francisco CHESF, ELETROSUL Centrais Elétricas S.A., Eletrobrás Termonuclear S.A. ELETRONUCLEAR, Companhia de Geração Térmica de Energia Elétrica CGTEE, Amazonas Energia S.A. (previously called Manaus Energia S.A.), ELETROACRE, CEAL, CEPISA and CERON. These companies engage in the generation, transmission and distribution of electric power.
The company is also the controlling stockholder of Eletrobrás Participações S.A. ELETROPAR, and is participant in the shared management and the responsible agent for the commercialization of the electric power generated by ITAIPU BINACIONAL, under the International Agreement between the Governments of Brazil and Paraguay. The company indirectly holds control of the company Boa Vista Energia S.A., controlled company of ELETRONORTE, who operate in the distribution of electric power in the State of Roraima. The company's system plants total installed capacity corresponds to approximately 39,402 megawatts.
The company conducts its operations through three segments, including Generation, Transmission, and Distribution.
This segment engages in ventures involving energy and power plant operations, with its generation complex having hydraulic, thermal, thermonuclear and other power plants, aimed at producing electric power for priority domestic supply. The generation of electricity at its hydroelectric, thermal and nuclear power plants, which the company sells to both distribution companies and free consumers.
This segment constructs and operates transmission lines with a view to transferring large electricity volumes from the generating facilities to the distribution system, thereby interconnecting the several country regions via a national grid.
This segment explores the construction and operation of electric power distribution networks in urban centers intended for end consumers. The company owns seven
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CENTRAIS ELECTRICAS BRASILEIRAS S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Major Shareholders
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. History
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Offices and Representations
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Centrais Electricas Brasileiras S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?