- The report contains detailed information about Artesian Resources Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Artesian Resources Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Artesian Resources Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Artesian Resources Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Artesian Resources Corp. business.
About Artesian Resources Corp.
Artesian Resources Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides water, wastewater, and engineering services on the Delmarva Peninsula. The company distributes and sells water, including water for public and private fire protection, to residential, commercial, industrial, governmental, municipal, and utility customers throughout the states of Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. In addition, it designs and builds water and wastewater infrastructure and provides contract water, wastewater, and engineering services.
The companys subsidiaries include regulated public utilities, such as Artesian Water Company, Inc. (Artesian Water); Artesian Water Pennsylvania, Inc. (Artesian Water Pennsylvania); Artesian Water Maryland, Inc. (Artesian Water Maryland); Artesian Wastewater Management, Inc. (Artesian Wastewater); Artesian Wastewater Maryland, Inc. (Artesian Wastewater Maryland) and three non-regulated subsidiaries, such as Artesian Utility Development, Inc. (Artesian Utility); Artesian Development Corporation (Artesian Development); and Artesian Consulting Engineers, Inc. (Artesian Engineers).
Artesian Water, its principal subsidiary, is a public water utility in the state of Delaware. Artesian Water distributes and sells water to residential, commercial, industrial, governmental, municipal, and utility customers throughout the state of Delaware. In addition, Artesian Water provides services to other water utilities, including operations and billing functions, and has contract operation agreements with 21 private and municipal water providers. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 76,900 metered customers and served a population of approximately 276,000 (including contract services). It also provides water for public and private fire protection to customers in its service territories.
Artesian Water Maryland
Artesian Water Maryland has acquired the Carpenters Point Water Company, which includes a 141 home community in Cecil County near the Interstate 95 growth corridor between Philadelphia and Baltimore and has groundwater supply and elevated water storage to serve additional customers in the undeveloped portions of its franchise and surrounding area.
Artesian Water Maryland has also acquired Mountain Hill Water Company, which includes service rights to the entire 8,000 acres of undeveloped land in Cecil Countys growth area and access to nearby planned business parks, or the Mountain Hill Service Area. The company serves three commercial accounts in the Principio Business Park, located within Cecil Countys designated growth corridor.
Artesian Water Pennsylvania
Artesian Water Pennsylvania provides water service to a residential community consisting of 38 customers in Chester County.
Artesian Wastewater is a regulated entity that owns wastewater collection and treatment infrastructure and provides wastewater services to customers in Delaware as a regulated public wastewater service company. Artesian Wastewater owns and operates 5 wastewater treatment facilities, which are capable of treating approximately 750,000 gallons per day and can be expanded to treat approximately 1.6 million gallons per day (mgd). Artesian Wastewater provides wastewater service to eight communities in Sussex County. As of December 31, 2009, Artesian Wastewater provided wastewater services to 729 residential customers.
Artesian Wastewater Maryland
Artesian Wastewater Maryland focuses on providing regulated wastewater services in the State of Maryland.
Artesian Utility designs and builds water and wastewater infrastructure and provides contract water and wastewater services on the Delmarva Peninsula. Artesian Utility also evaluates land parcels, provides recommendations to developers on the size of water or wastewater facilities and the type of technology that should be utilized for treatment at such facilities, and operates 26 water and wastewater facilities in Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania for others. Artesian Utility also has various contracts with developers for design and construction of wastewater facilities within the Delmarva Peninsula, utilizing different technologies for treatment of wastewater at each facility.
The company operates various wastewater treatment facilities for the town of Middletown, in southern New Castle County, or Middletown, under a 20-year contract. The facilities include a 2.5 mgd and a 250,000 gallon per day wastewater treatment station. The company also operates a wastewater disposal facility in Middletown to support the 2.5 mgd wastewater treatment station.
The company provides contract water and wastewater operation services to private, municipal, and governmental institutions in the southeastern part of Pennsylvania.
Artesian Utility has signed an agreement with Northern Sussex Regional Water Recycling Complex, LLC (NSRWRC) for the design, construction, and operation of the Northern Sussex Regional Water Recycling Complex, a wastewater treatment facility to be located in Sussex County, Delaware.
Artesian Development owns an approximately 6-acre parcel of land zoned for office buildings located immediately adjacent to its corporate headquarters and two 9-acre parcels of land located in Sussex County.
Artesian Engineers provides engineering services to developers for residential and commercial development. Artesian Engineers has acquired the assets of Meridian Architects and Engineers (Meridian), a provider of engineering services in Delaware.
Artesian Resources Corporation was founded in 1905.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Artesian Resources Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Artesian Resources Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Artesian Resources Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Artesian Resources Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Artesian Resources Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARTESIAN RESOURCES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Artesian Resources Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Artesian Resources Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Artesian Resources Corp. Major Shareholders
Artesian Resources Corp. History
Artesian Resources Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Artesian Resources Corp. Offices and Representations
Artesian Resources Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Artesian Resources Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Artesian Resources Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Artesian Resources Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
Artesian Resources Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Artesian Resources Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Artesian Resources Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Artesian Resources Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Artesian Resources Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Artesian Resources Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Artesian Resources Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Artesian Resources Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?