- The report contains detailed information about AmeriGas Partners LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AmeriGas Partners LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AmeriGas Partners LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AmeriGas Partners LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AmeriGas Partners LP business.
About AmeriGas Partners LP
AmeriGas Partners, L.P. operates as a retail propane distributor in the United States. The company conducts its business principally through its subsidiary, AmeriGas Propane, L.P. and its subsidiary, AmeriGas Eagle Propane, L.P. AmeriGas Propane, Inc. serves as the general partner of the company.
Products, Services, and Marketing
As of September 30, 2010, the company served approximately 1.3 million customers in all 50 states from approximately 1,200 propane distribution locations. In addition to distributing propane, it also sells, installs, and services propane appliances, including heating systems. In certain markets, it also installs and services propane fuel systems for motor vehicles. As part of its overall transportation and distribution infrastructure, the company operates as an interstate carrier in 48 states throughout the continental United States. It is also licensed as a carrier in the Canadian Provinces of Ontario and Quebec.
The company sells propane primarily to residential, commercial/industrial, motor fuel, agricultural, and wholesale customers. It also involves in AmeriGas Cylinder Exchange (ACE) program. As of September 30, 2010, ACE cylinders were available at approximately 30,000 retail locations throughout the United States. The ACE program enables consumers to purchase or exchange their empty propane grill cylinders at various retail locations, such as home centers, gas stations, mass merchandisers, and grocery and convenience stores. The company also supplies retailers with propane tanks to enable retailers to replenish customers propane grill cylinders directly at the retailers location.
The company's residential customers use propane primarily for home heating, water heating, and cooking purposes. Commercial users, which include motels, hotels, restaurants and retail stores, generally use propane for the same purposes as residential customers. Industrial customers use propane to fire furnaces, as a cutting gas and in other process applications. Other industrial customers are large-scale heating accounts and local gas utility customers who use propane as a supplemental fuel to meet peak load deliverability requirements. Agricultural uses include tobacco curing, chicken brooding and crop drying. In its wholesale operations, the company principally sells propane to industrial end-users and other propane distributors.
Propane Supply and Storage
The companys suppliers include BP Products North America Inc. and BP Canada Energy Marketing Corp.; Enterprise Products Operating LP; and Targa Midstream Services LP.
AmeriGas Partners, L.P. was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AmeriGas Partners LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AmeriGas Partners LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AmeriGas Partners LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AmeriGas Partners LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AmeriGas Partners LP Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERIGAS PARTNERS LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AmeriGas Partners LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AmeriGas Partners LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AmeriGas Partners LP Major Shareholders
AmeriGas Partners LP History
AmeriGas Partners LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AmeriGas Partners LP Offices and Representations
AmeriGas Partners LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AmeriGas Partners LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AmeriGas Partners LP Capital Market Snapshot
AmeriGas Partners LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
AmeriGas Partners LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AmeriGas Partners LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AmeriGas Partners LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AmeriGas Partners LP 1-year Stock Charts
AmeriGas Partners LP 5-year Stock Charts
AmeriGas Partners LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AmeriGas Partners LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AmeriGas Partners LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?