- The report contains detailed information about ALLETE, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ALLETE, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ALLETE, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ALLETE, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ALLETE, Inc. business.
About ALLETE, Inc.
ALLETE, Inc. engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electric power in the United States.
The company operates in two business segments, Regulated Operations and Investments and Other.
Regulated Operations Segment
The Regulated Operations segment includes the companys regulated utilities, Minnesota Power and Superior Water, Light and Power Company (SWL&P), as well as its investments in American Transmission Company LLC (ATC), a Wisconsin-based utility that owns and maintains electric transmission assets in parts of Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Illinois. Minnesota Power provides regulated utility electric service in northeastern Minnesota to 144,000 residential and commercial customers and wholesale electric service to 16 municipalities. Minnesota Power also provides regulated utility electric service to 1 private utility in Wisconsin. SWL&P, a wholesale customer of Minnesota Power, provides regulated electric, natural gas and water service in northwestern Wisconsin to 15,000 electric customers, 12,000 natural gas customers, and 10,000 water customers. Its regulated utility operations include retail and wholesale activities.
Minnesota Power large power customers include Hibbing Taconite Co.; ArcelorMittal USA Minorca Mine; United States Steel Corporation; United Taconite LLC; Mesabi Nugget Delaware, LLC; UPM, Blandin Paper Mill; Boise White Paper, LLC; Sappi Cloquet LLC; and NewPage Corporation Duluth Mills. SWL&P is also a customer of Minnesota Power.
The company has electric transmission and distribution lines of 500 kV (8 miles), 250kV (465 miles), 230 kV (605 miles), 161 kV (43 miles), 138 kV (128 miles), 115 kV (1,220 miles), and approximately 115 kV (6,206 miles). The company owns and operates 166 substations with a total capacity of 10,287 megavolt amperes.
Investments and Other Segment
The Investments and Other segment comprises primarily of BNI Coal, Ltd. (BNI Coal), the companys coal mining operations in North Dakota, and ALLETE Properties, its Florida real estate investment. This segment also includes an amount of non-rate base generation and approximately 7,000 acres of land available-for-sale in Minnesota.
BNI Coal: BNI Coal operates a lignite mine in North Dakota. BNI Coal is a supplier of lignite in North Dakota, producing approximately 4 million tons annually. Two electric generating cooperatives, Minnkota Power Cooperative, Inc. and Square Butte Electric Cooperative, consume BNI Coals production of lignite under fixed fee coal supply agreements. The mining process disturbs and reclaims between 200 and 250 acres per year.
ALLETE Properties: ALLETE Properties represents its Florida real estate investment. The companys two major development projects are Town Center and Palm Coast Park. Ormond Crossings, a third major project that is in the planning stage.
Town Center: Town Center, which is located in the City of Palm Coast, is a mixed-use development with a neo-traditional downtown core area. At build-out, Town Center is expected to include approximately 3,000 residential units and 4.0 million square feet of various types of non-residential space. Sites have also been set aside for a new city hall, a community center, an art and entertainment center, and other public uses.
Palm Coast Park: Palm Coast Park, which is located in the City of Palm Coast, is a 4,700-acre mixed-use development. At build-out, Palm Coast Park is expected to include approximately 4,000 residential units, 3.0 million square feet of various types of non-residential space and public facilities.
Ormond Crossings: Ormond Crossings, which is located in the City of Ormond Beach, is a 3,000-acre, mixed-use development. Planning, engineering design, and permitting of the master infrastructure are ongoing. At build out, Ormond Crossings is expected to include approximately 3,000 residential units, 5.0 million square feet of various types of non-residential space and public facilities.
Lake Swamp: Lake Swamp wetland mitigation bank is a 1,900 acre regionally significant wetlands mitigation bank.
Seller Financing: ALLETE Properties occasionally provides seller financing to certain qualified buyers. These finance receivables accrue interest at market-based rates and are collateralized by the financed properties.
ALLETE, Inc. was founded in 1906.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALLETE, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALLETE, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALLETE, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALLETE, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALLETE, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ALLETE, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ALLETE, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ALLETE, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ALLETE, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Utilities Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ALLETE, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALLETE, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALLETE, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALLETE, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALLETE, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALLETE, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALLETE, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ALLETE, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ALLETE, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ALLETE, Inc. Major Shareholders
ALLETE, Inc. History
ALLETE, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ALLETE, Inc. Offices and Representations
ALLETE, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ALLETE, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ALLETE, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ALLETE, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Utilities Industry Statistics
ALLETE, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ALLETE, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ALLETE, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ALLETE, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ALLETE, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ALLETE, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ALLETE, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ALLETE, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?