- The report contains detailed information about Southside Bancshares Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Southside Bancshares Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Southside Bancshares Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Southside Bancshares Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Southside Bancshares Inc. business.
About Southside Bancshares Inc.
Southside Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Southside Bank. The company is a community-focused financial institution that offers a range of financial services to individuals, businesses, municipal entities, and non-profit organizations in the communities it serves. These services include consumer and commercial loans, deposit accounts, trust services, safe deposit services and brokerage services.
The companys trust services include investment, management, administration and advisory services, primarily for individuals and, to a lesser extent, partnerships and corporations.
The companys primary market area includes Smith, Gregg, Tarrant, Travis, Cherokee, Anderson, Kaufman, Henderson and Wood Counties in Texas. It serves its markets through 45 branch locations, 18 of which are located in grocery stores. Its branches are located in and around Tyler, Longview, Lindale, Gresham, Jacksonville, Bullard, Chandler, Hawkins, Seven Points, Palestine, Forney, Gun Barrel City, Athens, Whitehouse, Fort Worth, Arlington and Austin.
The company also maintains 12 motor bank facilities. Its customers may also access various banking services through its 47 automated teller machines (ATMs) and ATMs owned by others, through debit cards, and through its automated telephone, Internet and electronic banking products.
The companys consumer loan services include 1-4 family residential mortgage loans, home equity loans, home improvement loans, automobile loans and other installment loans.
Real Estate Loans: Real estate loans are divided into three categories: 1-4 Family Residential Mortgage Loans, Construction Loans and Other.
1-4 Family Residential Mortgage Loans: The company focuses its lending efforts primarily on the origination of loans secured by first mortgages on owner-occupied, 1-4 family residences. Its 1-4 family residential mortgage originations are secured by properties located in its market area.
The companys 1-4 family residential mortgage loans have maturities ranging from 5 to 30 years. Its 1-4 family residential mortgage loans are made at both fixed and adjustable interest rates. The company also makes home equity loans, which are included as part of the 1-4 family residential mortgage loans.
Construction Loans: The companys commercial construction loans and construction loans to individuals are collateralized by property located primarily in the market areas that the company serves. A majority of its construction loans are directed toward properties that would be owner occupied. The company also offers construction loans for 1-4 family residential and commercial real estate.
Commercial Real Estate Loans: Commercial real estate loans primarily include commercial office buildings, retail, medical facilities and offices, warehouse facilities, hotels and churches. Commercial real estate loans are made at both fixed and adjustable interest rates for terms approximately 20 years.
Commercial Loans: The companys commercial loans are diversified to meet most business needs. Loan types include short-term working capital loans for inventory and accounts receivable and short- and medium-term loans for equipment or other business capital expansion.
Municipal Loans: The company has a specific lending department that makes loans to municipalities and school districts throughout the state of Texas. Municipal loans made without a direct pledge of taxes or revenues are usually made based on some type of collateral that represents an essential service.
Loans to Individuals: All of its consumer loan originations are made to consumers in the companys market areas. The majority of consumer loans outstanding are collateralized by titled equipment and primarily vehicles. Home equity loans, which are included in 1-4 family residential loans, have replaced some of the traditional loans to individuals. In addition, the company makes loans for a range of other consumer purposes, which may be secured or unsecured depending on the credit quality and purpose of the loan. Automobile loans purchased by Southside Financial Group, LLC (SFG) are also included in this category.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys investment portfolio included the U.S. treasury securities, government sponsored enterprise debentures, securities of state and political subdivisions, other stocks and bonds, and mortgage-backed securities.
The company offers various deposit accounts, including savings, time deposits, money market, interest and noninterest bearing checking accounts, and certificates of deposit (CDs).
Southside Bancshares, Inc. was founded in 1960.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Southside Bancshares Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Southside Bancshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Southside Bancshares Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Southside Bancshares Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Banks and Thrifts Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Southside Bancshares Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOUTHSIDE BANCSHARES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Southside Bancshares Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Southside Bancshares Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Southside Bancshares Inc. Major Shareholders
Southside Bancshares Inc. History
Southside Bancshares Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Southside Bancshares Inc. Offices and Representations
Southside Bancshares Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Southside Bancshares Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Southside Bancshares Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Southside Bancshares Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Banks and Thrifts Industry Statistics
Southside Bancshares Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Southside Bancshares Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Southside Bancshares Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Southside Bancshares Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Southside Bancshares Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Southside Bancshares Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Southside Bancshares Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Southside Bancshares Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?